Tyler State Park June 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabum2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Are any SBers going to Tyler State Park this Saturday for the Trash Fest & Treasure Hunt? Here's a link to the event: http://www.scubastevesadventures.com

At first I balked at the registration fee, but TSP is one of the few local places that I haven't dove before, so it should be fun and a chance to clean up the lake and maybe win some more scuba junk. It looks like they're requiring buddy teams, so if anyone wants to buddy up, I'm game.

That sounds like fun. Wish I did not have the Race for the Cure and company party this weekend.

Will in Canton with the family...have fun!!

Scubabum, my husband and I will be at Trashfest. We're camping for the weekend. I was at ScubaSteve's today, and they are almost ready for the festivities! There will be lots of great prizes for the treasure hunt, and the cleanup will be fun also. Due to the amount of people doing shore entries (the only way in), the vis will suck, but later in the day, you might want to do a pleasure dive or two. The vis has been fairly good there the past few weeks, around 10-15 ft.

Also, all the proceeds go to the Scottish Rite Children's Hospital, so the entry fee is paltry when we consider all the good it will do. Glad you'll be there, maybe we can find you- any distinguishing scars or marks? :wink:

Hi Foo,
Glad to here this is a quality event to attend. I noticed that it was on the calendars of at least 2 of the local DFW area clubs, so there should be lots of people. I had already planned to do a normal dive after the treasure hunt.

My pic is in my profile. Other than that, I have a seahorse tat on my right ankle and will probably be wearing a doo rag, at least while diving. I'll look for 2 people that look just like the ones in your profile :)

Scubabum2...I need a buddy for Trashfest...PM me and we'll meet up.

scubabum2:
Done deal.

Cool! Look forward to seeing you again, BlindRef, and to meeting you, SB. Of course... that is, if Bill can find us... him being blind and all that.

I had hoped to enjoy the event this year, but family events will prevent me from joining yall. I hope it is fun for all and productive for the lake.

Willie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom