Vessel Two very different tellings of the same story. A boat crewman trapped at 100', rescued by divers

This Thread Prefix is for incidents related to one or more vessels from kayaks to ships.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PBcatfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In a one in a million rescue, body recovery divers find a survivor & get him back topside alive after 3 days at 100' trapped in a sunken tug. Below are two very different versions of the same story. The first one almost looks like an infomercial for Coke.

I saw a documentary about that. (I think it was that one) I'd be willing to bet that there were a lot of screams all around in that moment. If I remember right, the guy said he could hear the sharks and other fish eating the bodies of his crew mates. When the first diver surfaced in his little pocket of air, he probably thought they were coming for him. The diver probably wasn't expecting it either.

There were some inconsistencies. At one point they say he could hear his crew mates (plural) getting eaten. At another point they say that all but one body were recovered.

I guess getting eaten on and getting eaten up are two different things. How could you tell if it was one body or ten getting eaten on in the next compartment over?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom