Two Servers are better than one...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Obviously we have needed a dedicated Data Base Server for some time and so we had one that was ALMOST ready to do the job. We had originally planned the move for this coming weekend, and things were moving along as planned. Then we had a premature Friday the 13th on the 3rd.

With the corruption of the original DB server software, it became imperitive that we accelerate our move to a dedicated DB server. It seemed that the data base was being corrupted as fast as we could repair it!!! Yeah, we could have tried to reload the software, but it was outdated and we simply needed to move on. So here you have it: two servers. One hosting the applications and the other providing a safe and secure environment for our data!

Kudos to our dedicated team of techs who identified the problem, moved the data base and then debugged the connectivity. They could have quit at any time and yet they worked together and stuck it through to the finish.

Coming soon: an upgrade to the newest version of vBulliten with a ton of new features. We will develop this on a third server first BEFORE we swap over to it. When we are happy with it, we will clone it to the current server and load balance the two to provide you with quick and fault tolerant access to your favorite surface interval.

Kudos to our loyal user base for their patience during our recent outages. You da bomb!

WELL DONE, GUYS!!!

the K

Glad to everything got resolved. Thanks SB!

Thanks guys!

So when can we schedule the next crash?? :D

Hooray! Thanks for resurrecting The Board...

But.... in case no one noticed... the "Latest Threads" on the main web page haven't updated for quite a while.

Everything else seems to back to normal.

Yeah sysadmins!

NetDoc:
When we are happy with it, we will clone it to the current server and load balance the two to provide you with quick and fault tolerant access to your favorite surface interval.

Veiled reference to the culprits of the crashes??? :D :rofl3:

Oh, Pete... was the board down? I guess I've been diving too much lately!

Seriously, good to see it up and running even if I didn't have enough surface interval time to notice.

Back
Top Bottom