Two questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karibelle

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
How do I change my little banner? It currently says MSDT, and I recently (yay!) did my IDC Staff Instructor course. I'd like to reflect that, but can't figure out how to change it. and second, and this is probably simple but again, I can't find how to do it - how do I put a line break in my signature? I changed one thing, and now it's just one long blob of text and I'd like it to be several lines of text. thank you in advance for any help you can provide. kari

---------- Post Merged at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:36 AM ----------

and maybe it's just me, but line breaks are not appearing in my posts, either... In my post, this is a new line. I suspect once I press "post quick reply" it's going to go to one big blob. kari

You'll need to join the IDC Staff Instructor group here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups - submit your credentials and when you're approved you will have the option to select that group which will give you the badge.

In your signature, just hit a return between the text where you want it to break, I just did it between School and The - you can see the result.
Editor formatting commands also work in the signature editor, for example my signature uses align center. To push the A.C. Clarke out to the right, I just used tabs.

I'm not clear on what you mean about the line breaks issue?

moved back to Site Support.

line breaks issue... here is what my post looks like when I type it. kari

---------- Post Merged at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Here's a screen shot of what I typed. The "hit return" is not working for me... will try a different browser. Maybe that will help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-19 at 10.18.15 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-07-19 at 10.18.15 AM.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 38
What browser/version are you currently using? There are some .vBulletin problems with IE8 and below - they recommend an upgrade to IE9.

Chrome or Firefox both seem to work fine for most people. I'm currently using Firefox 14.0.1 here on SB with no problems.

Firefox 13.0.1 on a mac. It's not a big deal, I suppose... Thanks for the info on joining the other group; I've sent my request. I appreciate your help!

---------- Post Merged at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:59 AM ----------

here's me typing a post in Safari. this is line one

this is line two

kari

---------- Post Merged at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:59 AM ----------

so it looks like it's an issue with my firefox. THANKS for sticking with me, diversteve. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom