Two Piece WetSuit or One Piece WetSuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ps... if you want something for warmer climes, buy a less expensive, lighter mm suit. I have a .5, 3mm, 5mm and 7mm, so I'm ready for anything above 45.

My 2 pieces is of 3 mm, and my 1 piece is of 7mm.
I use my 3mm farmer john for windsurfing (need to move my arms, but I am not always in water) and sailing (same condition). Only if I am told to flip my sail to the water and I need to jump into water (for practice), or of course when accident really happen, I might be in water and I'll need to restore the sail and get back to the boat. If I really need to put something extra on while sailing, I will use a wind breaker on the top or so.

Now, for diving, in warm water I'll be using the 2 pieces all the time, besides the thermo factor, it's a protection against sharp reefs and corals etc. There were times when my elbow was cut because I didn't put on my jacket, and I didn't realize it until I left water.Then for cold water diving, 1 piece 7mm.

Some people are using 3/2, arms and legs 2mm... it works fine for them for diving at warm water or whatever watersports they play. I've never used 5/3 nor 7/5, so I don't know. At my area 7mm for cold water, 5mm is not enough.
Finally, anything > 9mm is hard for you to move around. Time to get dry suit.

Oh, by the way, 2 pieces are easier to put on.
Hope this help!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom