Two Oxycheq doubles wings in Northern California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys,

The donut wing is still available. I don't care who buys the wing for as long as the person knows what they are getting. I'd hate to sell it to someone who thinks the wing is good for a specific thing when it might not be.

Regarding diving the wing with 8" double tanks, maybe the wing will work well for that, maybe it wouldn't. I only dive 7 1/2" diameter tanks doubled up right now so I don't have any personal experience. Patrick at Oxycheq might have some data points.

BTW, below is a quick list of 7 1/2" diameter tanks:
- LP77
- HP80
- LP80
- LP85 (Faber tanks are closer to 7" I think but this wing works well for those regardless. Worthingtons are 7 1/2")
- HP100
- HP120

I got a message from a friend who knows infinitely more about dive gear than I do. He wanted to tell me about the usage of doubles wings on doubles big and small. In the message, he says :

it makes zero difference.

Doubles wings inflate beyond the point where the tanks contact the back plate, and that's basically the center line of the cylinders.

This center line distance is not set by the tank diameter, but is a function of the manifold width.

The difference in "Taco" or "Wrap" between 7" tanks like faber 85's and 8" tanks is about 3/4", Trivial.

I know *some* wing makers market their larger wings as 8" tnak wings and their smaller wings as 7.25 or 7" tank wings, but this is playing on the ignorance of the public.

What matters is 1) Capacity, 2) Shape.

Did I mention that the donut wing is still available?

how many dives on the donut, and has the inflator ever been serviced?

also, are you sure it's a 50lb wing and not a 55lb wing?

Spatman,

You're right, there is a label on the wing that says "Approximate Buoyancy 55lbs."

The donut has maybe 150 dives on it. The inflator has been serviced several times. By that, I mean the inflator core has been replaced. I would recommend though that whoever buys the wing replace the inflator core. I don't know what other dive shops charge for this part. My dive shop charges $15.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom