Two Oxycheq doubles wings in Northern California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adobo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
1st wing is a 50 lbs donut. (Vertex Signature series if I remember correctly) - $175 + shipping.
  • Dives great for double LP-80s, LP-85s, HP-100s, HP-120s
  • Heavy duty bladder
  • Pics below

photo%286%29.JPG

photo%287%29.JPG

2nd wing is a 50 lbs horseshoe - $125 + shipping
  • This wing is exactly the same as the one above -same heavy duty bladder and same shape.
  • Dives great for double LP-80s, LP-85s, HP-100s, HP-120s
  • Pics below

photo%289%29.JPG

photo%288%29.JPG

I'm in Monterey/Carmel at least twice a month so if you are in the area, I can do a show and tell.

Last edited:
Are you willing to ship?

To anywhere except Georgia.

Just kidding. Yes, I'll ship. Buyer pays shipping. If you pm me your zip, ill give you ups ground shipping estimate. Btw, payment will be through paypal.

These wings are better suited for tanks that are 7 1/2" diameter tansk that are doubled up. That makes them more comparable to the Evolve 40. The Evolve 60, as I understand it, are better suited for 8" diameter tanks such as HP130s.

Put a different way, I think diving an Evolve 60 on 7 1/2" tanks doubled up would be less than ideal as the wing may trap gas. Diving my Oxycheq wings with 8" tanks doubled up, well, I'm not sure what that would do.

i would love to try the donut ... always wanted to compare it to a halcyon evolve 60

To clarify, when I bought these wings, they were marked as 50lbs lift capacity. I have no idea how Oxycheq any other manufacturer goes about determining lift capacity but I doubt it is super scientific. The thing to note here is that these wings are more ideally suited for 7 1/2" double tanks like LP-80s, LP-85s, HP-100s and HP-120s. I do not have any experience diving these with 8" tanks nor do I know anyone who has used them for that application.

For comparison, I have taken some pictures of the above wings alongside a Halcyon Evolve 40:
  • Oxycheq donut next to an Evolve 40
    photo%2813%29.JPG
  • Oxycheq horeshoe next to an Evolve 40
    photo%2814%29.JPG

The horseshoe wing is sold. The donut wing is still available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom