Two Idiots Recover Body

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plot:
I don't ever plan on finding a body underwater... how in the heck did they figure it was only a matter of time? Where they scuba diving at an old mafia dump site or something?

Well, yes this is southern nevada and since the mob ran this area for many years - our Lakes - Mead and Mojave tend to have bodies in them. grew up in Las Vegas I have
ran across two bodies,once as a kid then another time in my early 20's, both @ Mead.
I do think those two divers are fools for screwing with the scene, but then again this isn't a TV show and crimes don't get figured out in 60 minutes, even though the general population thinks that they do.

clown trigger:
but then again this isn't a TV show and crimes don't get figured out in 60 minutes, even though the general population thinks that they do.

You may be surprised to discover what can be learned from an undisturbed scene like this. It may not be solved in 60 minutes, but now it's a lot less likely that any additional evidence will be found. The diver mentioned that the clothes were still on the skeleton. Was there anything in the pockets? Anything around the body (maybe covered over in silt)? Any distinct markings on the clothes/body?

Their reason for bringing up the body is the dumbest thing I think I've heard lately. Here, the body lies there long enough to skeletonize, yet it's now going to be moved off by current since they've seen it? Given the obsurdity of their actions, though, I guess I'm not surprised that their justification is just as obsurd.

I know not to touch a scene of the crime I am not disputing that, all I am saying is that the general public thinks tv is reality of some sort. I know Las Vegas head coroner he tells stories on a regular bases on how victims family/friends expect the assailant to be found within 24 hours or less because "they have seen it on tv and they know it can be done."

ReefGuy:
Archaeologists don't investigate possible crime scenes. Further, Archaeologists don't just find something, haul it back to the museum, and call the press. Every step is documented, photo'd, noted, etc.

I beg to differ with you. Archaeologists have been used many times in the removal
and investigation of crime scenes. One to mention are some of the mass graves
found in Somalia. They had a team of archeologists along with local government
officials.

I agree that these two idiots are just that IDIOTS.

I contacted the reporter to tell her what idiots these guys were. Only I used the term Dipfeces. TDS let me say what I really told her. This being family friendly well....Have not heard back from her as yet. Just emailed her again and referred her to this thread and the one on the deco stop along with my number should she need any more info on how to find out what real divers think about what they did.

There very well could have (probably was) evidence that had been lying under the body that is likely now gone forever. Stuff like clothing, identification, even weapons have been known to be wrapped up with a body and dumped.

Im going diving tomorrow looking for bodies, any one want to tag along?

The thing that offended me the most was the picture of the guy holding up the skull like it was a trophy or something.

Wildcard:
Im going diving tomorrow looking for bodies, any one want to tag along?
I'll go. I have some good suspected areas with them ranging from 100+ years to around 5 years. Where do you want to go first.

It could make a good news story for Rosie's last day on The View. Do you want to call her or should I? :D

Gary D.

Oh let me PLEASE! I have a few other things to tell her too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom