Closed Two HP120s yoke or DIN

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NudiBoop

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking for a couple of used HP120s. Interested in purchase or trade(+/-) for twinned Faber HP100s (new hydro/vis). Seattle area - open to 4 hours drive one way. Can discuss shipping.

Are you sure you want to trade 100’s for 120’s?
IMG_9957.jpeg

Some more thought and thread-reading has me thinking about 130s, now. Every time I think I've "decided", new info causes me start rethinking my "decision"...

Are you sure you want to trade 100’s for 120’s?

I know the length difference for 100 vs 120 can seem considerable, but I did do a couple dozen dives on a recent trip with 120s, so I'm not going in blind. Good heads-up though, thanks.

Talked myself into 130s. Located a used pair. Thanks, all.
I hope this comment is not too late to still be useful. You might want to re-reconsider your choice.

I am 6'2", with long legs. For me, the switch from manifolded HP100's (PST 3,500 psig cylinders) to manifolded HP120's (PST 3,500 psig cylinders, too) worked extremely well for Extended Range (IANTD Advanced Deep Air-level) diving on Great Lakes shipwrecks from a moored dive boat: Plenty of bottom gas for the ~200 ffw dives I was doing at the time; the 120's balanced on my back as nicely as the 100's; I had to change nothing else about my kit; and instantly, I was able to reach and manipulate my manifold valves much more easily.

Note, though, that out of the water, full double 120's are much heavier than full double 100's--not really a concern (for me) when I was diving from a dive boat. (But absolutely a concern if I had to walk in full gear to do a shore entry!)

I hope this helps.

rx7diver

P.S.: I am NOT a fan of double 8" cylinders (e.g., double HP130's).

I hope this comment is not too late to still be useful. You might want to re-reconsider your choice.

I am 6'2", with long legs. For me, the switch from manifolded HP100's (PST 3,500 psig cylinders) to manifolded HP120's (PST 3,500 psig cylinders, too) worked extremely well for Extended Range (IANTD Advanced Deep Air-level) diving on Great Lakes shipwrecks from a moored dive boat: Plenty of bottom gas for the ~200 ffw dives I was doing at the time; the 120's balanced on my back as nicely as the 100's; I had to change nothing else about my kit; and instantly, I was able to reach and manipulate my manifold valves much more easily.

Note, though, that out of the water, full double 120's are much heavier than full double 100's--not really a concern (for me) when I was diving from a dive boat. (But absolutely a concern if I had to walk in full gear to do a shore entry!)

I hope this helps.

rx7diver

P.S.: I am NOT a fan of double 8" cylinders (e.g., double HP130's).
Never too late for useful comments!

The doubled 100s I have are only doubled because I got an absurd deal on them. I immediately separated them and dove them singly. For resale, I'll put 'em back together, but I'm still planning to single for quite awhile to come.

Never too late for useful comments!

The doubled 100s I have are only doubled because I got an absurd deal on them. I immediately separated them and dove them singly. For resale, I'll put 'em back together, but I'm still planning to single for quite awhile to come.
Ah, okay. Single tank diving. Turns out that my HP120's are too long for me to dive comfortably as singles. (Loved diving the 4" shorter HP100's as singles when diving dry, though.) Maybe a HP130 will turn out to be the better choice (better than a HP120) for you (for diving singles) after all. When you get them and are able to take them for a dive, please let us know your impressions!

rx7diver

Back
Top Bottom