Two divers struck, killed - Isla Mujeres, Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another article says a man and a woman were killed. Not two women.
Yeah, and I don't know where I got that it was two women exactly. I used that article as it seemed the best version at the time. Some now say it was a man and woman, while this one says two men, American marine biologists...

Another article says a man and a woman were killed. Not two women. Terrible—and scary
In My original post it was two males. i was diving with them. I didn’t see the actual accident. Just the aftermat.

Were they dragged into the prop by the line on their finger spool?

I read the thread. Why were there so many posts on spools, and handling them if they had nothing to do with the accident?

I read the thread. Why were there so many posts on spools, and handling them if they had nothing to do with the accident?
Early confusion because the articles didn't say at that time.

Because somebody speculated, and it turned into a "fact" within a few posts.

I’m not sure what information is supportive of the idea that they were at the surface holding onto a trailing line from the stern. If that occurred, the divers would be pretty much defenseless, especially with air in the bc which would be typical. If that occurred, it makes the accident even more tragic and irresponsible.

I’m not sure what information is supportive of the idea that they were at the surface holding onto a trailing line from the stern. If that occurred, the divers would be pretty much defenseless, especially with air in the bc which would be typical. If that occurred, it makes the accident even more tragic and irresponsible.
There is no information supportive of that, nor is there any supportive of being on a DSMB.
Pure speculation, both.

Back
Top Bottom