Two Divers Arrested for Delaying Cruise Ship Departure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMeeve said: "Ouch!"

If you think that stung, think of how it feels when our American friends steal a glance at their debt clock...

A trillion here, a trillion there - GO DEMS. GO!!!

Then again, we might be led by Justin Trudeau one day...now that would HURT!!

Best Fishes,
DSD

Two words, Stephen Harper. I don't need to say anything else.

Oh and everyone knows the best players are Czechs and Russians anyway.

They must be from Eastern Canada. We all drink microbrewery beer in the west, unless they're from Alberta, in which case they drink Budweiser.

I drink Microbrewed beer in Ontario... What is that Molson Canadian and Coors light?

needless to say, it wasn't me.... I was there and didn't hear anything.

My first Cozumel dive experience and first of many to come!!!!

Confirmation of the original article from a more reliable source.

Cozumel 4 You

"Two Divers Delay Westerdam Departure by Diving Under VesselLast Friday, two scuba divers delayed the departure of the Holland America Line’s “Westerdam” for over two hours. According to representatives from the Port Captains office, the cruise ship was just about to engage their propellers and leave Punta Langosta Pier, when it was discovered there were two scuba divers below. Naval divers were dispatched to retrieve the errant divers, who were in clear violation of maritime regulations as well as disregard for their own safety. Back on the surface, the two divers were questioned as to their motives extensively, while the entire hull of the 936 ft cruise ship had to be revised to ensure that no act of terrorism, or vandalism had occurred. The “Westerdam” eventually set sail at 10 pm and the divers were released with stern warnings."

Did they have to "bow" down before the authorities, too?

<groan>

My Toronto Maple Leafs were undefeated from September to the end of December.

My Toronto Maple Leafs were undefeated from September to the end of December.

My Habs are going ok for the time being...

Turns out my GF watched these peeps while they were being arrested.. Happen in front of the DWM shop while she was doing her confined dives.

Did they have to "bow" down before the authorities, too?

<groan>

Yes. When the Judge comes into a courtroom, the lawyers and staff all bow. Not clear if it is a vestage of royalty or the church or both. Our lawyers and judges wear robes that look much like clergymen and may have evolved from ecclesiastical courts. Of course Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is still our reigning head of state and is propely referred to, among her other titles, as "Queen of Canada".

And you wonder why we are polite....

...And you wonder why we are polite....

Polite, oh ya, our Cadanian friends are polite!!!

The border police were very polite as they took all of my money at the border in 1995 on my way to Alaska. It was the friendliest mugging I ever got. :D

In all honesty one of my closest friends that I spent 3 years in Iraq is from Canada...great guy.

Yes. When the Judge comes into a courtroom, the lawyers and staff all bow. Not clear if it is a vestage of royalty or the church or both. Our lawyers and judges wear robes that look much like clergymen and may have evolved from ecclesiastical courts. Of course Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is still our reigning head of state and is propely referred to, among her other titles, as "Queen of Canada".

And you wonder why we are polite....
Um, I think you missed the point. He was elaborating on the divers getting a stern warning. Did they bow to the judge?

Bow. Stern. Get it?

:D

Nope. We're literal too.

Back
Top Bottom