Two Coz questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This past time, I ate twice at La Cocay (only other place 2x in a trip was Especias); it was just great!

Just don't eat the hamburger at the Fiesta Amer'... I don't know what it was but it didn't taste like cow...

Christi:
BTW...THANK ALOT for getting me hooked on the Cafe Ole things! Now I'm addicted!
Not my fault... blame Cathy, Con & Heather for not finishing them. :coffee:

FYI - Cafe Oles are like the Starbucks frapuccinos in the bottles... only better. Our wedding guests easily went through about 40 (maybe more) of them in 4 days, and no, I'm not kidding! Sold at Chedraui of course.

botella.gif

http://cafeole.com.mx

Only 5000 calories, 570 grams of fat and 20,000 grams of sodium each!!! Enjoy!!!! LOL

cowboyneal:
Only 5000 calories, 570 grams of fat and 20,000 grams of sodium each!!! Enjoy!!!! LOL

Actually, I'm limiting myself to one per day, and I'm going to try to cut back even more :) The actual "nutritional" infoormation is:

Servings per bottle: 2.8 (HA...like you're only going to drink 1/3 of the little bottle)
Calories per serving: 59 --------->165.2 calories per bottle
Protein per serving: 2.5g -------->7g protein per bottle
Fat per serving: .8g ------------>2.24g fat per bottle
Carbohydrates per serv: 10.5 --->29.4g carbs per bottle
Sodium per serv: 71mg ---------->198.8mg sodium per bottle

So that's an extra 10 to 15 minute run on the new treadmill :)

Joking.........

Christi:
Actually, I'm limiting myself to one per day, and I'm going to try to cut back even more :) The actual "nutritional" infoormation is:

Servings per bottle: 2.8 (HA...like you're only going to drink 1/3 of the little bottle)
Calories per serving: 59 --------->165.2 calories per bottle
Protein per serving: 2.5g -------->7g protein per bottle
Fat per serving: .8g ------------>2.24g fat per bottle
Carbohydrates per serv: 10.5 --->29.4g carbs per bottle
Sodium per serv: 71mg ---------->198.8mg sodium per bottle

So that's an extra 10 to 15 minute run on the new treadmill :)
You know that is actually not too bad..
Here is the info for a Starbucks Frappacino
Serving Size 16 fl. oz.
Amt Per Serving
Calories 470
Fat Calories 140
Total Fat (g) 16
Saturated Fat (g) 10
Trans Fat (g) 0
Cholesterol (mg) 65
Sodium (mg) 270
Total Carbohydrates (g) 74
Fiber (g) 0
Sugars (g) 65
Protein (g) 6
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 20%
Iron 0%

You see, you can always rationalize something bad because there is always something worse. Now just say to yourself, yes I had a Cafe Ole but at least it wasn't as bad as having a Frappacino...

Joe

Speaking of coffee, my wife and I really love our morning coffee. Does the FA have coffee machines in the rooms, or at least, nearby? I've never tried any of those cold bottled coffees. Somehow that just ain't right. Kinda like eating cold pizza. Blechhh.

Is Christmas a good time to visit Coz? Wife was thinking more like Jan or Feb, but that would mean I'd have to use my precious vacation days.

Last time I was there (2005), they did not have coffee makers in the rooms, but there was coffee in the lobby or in the restaurant by the pool each morning. I don't remember what time they put it out, but it's plenty early enough to get coffee before diving. I know I was up early a couple of times (I don't usually sleep well in hotels) and had to wait for it.

Christmas is supposed to be a good time to go and lots of other people think so, too. That is THE peak week for Caribbean travel. Rates usually go up for the week or two around Christmas and New Year's Day and flights are much harder to find. I would like to see Christmas in Cozumel one day. We were there for Carnival one year and it was great.

Back
Top Bottom