Two Coz questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having just seen it from the water I would say not even by December. I only saw about a dozen workers daily in front and only one very small bulldozer assisting. Unless they dramatically pick up the pace it is going to be awhile. It is am empty shell and they are just moving rubble around with the bulldozer.

This is as good a place to ask this as any:

What if the status of Cozumel Palace?

Is it open?

has anybody stayed there?

What are the rates like?

Nice place erno?

Shepman:
This is as good a place to ask this as any:

What if the status of Cozumel Palace?

Is it open?

has anybody stayed there?

What are the rates like?

Nice place erno?

It has been open for three or four months now. It's very nice with a high price tag. However, I've had a few people staying there who got some great promo deals. Check with charter compaanies, expedia, etc.

Ok, my two bits.....FA was good pre Wilma, enjoyed all but the distance from town. If it is getting better reviews post Wilma, Id definately stay there unless the cab ride is unwanted. There.....now where is my change?!

I stayed at the Fiesta American last month, for the third straight year. It has always been clean and business in order. As someone earlier mentioned go ahead and get the AI plan for the drinks, breakfast, drinks, lunch (which are just okay), drinks, 2 included dinners at the Miramar for a week stay, and did I mention drinks! The cervezas are served in cans which they typically do not open (hint: Stock your room!). The staff is overall very friendly. A few bucks cash might just get them to leave a few cervezas in the cooler by the pool for self serve after pool bar closing hours or to open the bar for you an hour or so before 11:AM in the morning (like departure day). Anyway take care of the staff even if you are on the AI plan and they will go out of their way to make you smile. The daily entertainment is not too exciting, usually after diving and nap, we would make it to the pool bar for 2:30 bingo, followed by pool voleyball or a dart tournament, followed by Soccer or beach Volleyball around 3.

Go to town for dinner when not eating at the Miramar. Dinner at the Fiesta is pathetic IMHO! Use Christi's restaurant list. I highly recommend Especias and La Choza. Get to Especias around 7PM before the dinner rush and take some time to visit with Adrian. He has some great stories and won't mind sitting to visit until businness picks up somewhere around 8, not that anyone is watching the clock. Also if you ever considered learning to kite surf on cozumel this guy can set you up. If you don't see just want you want on the menu ask and he will deliver.

Have a great time!

Jeff

Thanks okiejeff. Yeah, I'll probably do the AI option, just for the convenience of having breakfast on site, but we'll most likely go into town for dinner most of the time.
And I can just see me trying to learn kite surfing after a few cervazas.
I saw Christi's restaurant list one time, but now I can't find it. And that will definately be a very important item on our trip, so Christy, would you please point the way to your list again? Pretty please?

fishoutawater:
I saw Christi's restaurant list one time, but now I can't find it. And that will definately be a very important item on our trip, so Christy, would you please point the way to your list again? Pretty please?

Sure thing :) New addition to my list is Le Chef at the corner of Av. 5 and Calle 5. Try the tuna tatare and the shrimp pizza and the grilled mahi when available....YUM!http://www.bluextseadiving.com/restaurants.php

Thanks Christi!

Christi:
Sure thing :) New addition to my list is Le Chef at the corner of Av. 5 and Calle 5. Try the tuna tatare and the shrimp pizza and the grilled mahi when available....YUM!http://www.bluextseadiving.com/restaurants.php
Don't forget the Mahi Carpaccio! :sappy:

Moodiejeff:
Don't forget the Mahi Carpaccio! :sappy:

Oh yeh...that too...DUH! :wink:

BTW...THANK ALOT for getting me hooked on the Cafe Ole things! Now I'm addicted!

Back
Top Bottom