Twitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently registered with Twitter to keep up-to-date with two of my favourite podcasts.

Even though I only read other people's tweets, I already received five requests from people that want to follow me on Twitter... :shocked2:

So, are there many Twitter users out there and should :sblogo: facilitate Twiiter usage by adding it to the User Profile?

Your comments are appreciated. :cool2:

Yes it is a very good idea. Social media is considered indispensible for marketing and promotion these days. If nothing else, GET THE NAME before someone else takes it.

Don't be surprised with people following you. As with so many things, there will be a hefty share of spammers, sales people and lonely souls who just want to feel like they're communicating with something/anything/anywhere. You can always block them. Also, people follow in the hope of having you reciprocate and follow them.

Have fun.

I think adding twitter to the user profile is a great idea.

I have heard lots of people downplaying twitter and speaking out against it. In my opinion, if you are into it then great, its another website to check. If not, then okay, but not every social website is for every person.

I use twitter and I think its intersting for what it is. I was having trouble with the random people and spammers too, but once I figured out how to make my "tweets" private then I quit having that trouble. Making your updates private prevents people that aren't following you from seeing them, and if they don't see your updates then they can't follow you.

Don't give into the twitter mania!

mania is on twitter...

El I am on, letterboy

I am on Twitter and use it daily. If you want to see my Twitter page as an example: John Marshall (JohnMarshall12) on Twitter

It is addictive and has a number of practical benefits compared to other sources. It is also interesting because you can follow various people. For example, I have been following Lance Armstrong's tweets on there for info about the Tour De France. Another nice feature on it is the search feature where you can sometimes get real time information on events like the situation in Iraq or some closer to home event.

In fact, the real limitation of Twitter right now is that not more people use it, but you can bet this will change as the young crowd has grown up with all this stuff.

I am on Twitter and use it daily. If you want to see my Twitter page as an example: John Marshall (JohnMarshall12) on Twitter

It is addictive and has a number of practical benefits compared to other sources. It is also interesting because you can follow various people. For example, I have been following Lance Armstrong's tweets on there for info about the Tour De France. Another nice feature on it is the search feature where you can sometimes get real time information on events like the situation in Iraq or some closer to home event.

In fact, the real limitation of Twitter right now is that not more people use it, but you can bet this will change as the young crowd has grown up with all this stuff.

why is your background on twitter holly branches?!?!?!

Social networking... I'm trying to get a handle on it, so I am now on both Facebook and Twitter. In about a week I have 23 followers on twitter and 135 Facebook friends. Don't know what those numbers mean, if anything, but there it is.

My mother still thinks the only way to communicate is in person or with a hand written letter. I tell her about the people I have met online and then in person on ScubaBoard and she just shakes her head.

I'm not going to make any judgments on Facebook and Twitter until I have some time using them, and really understand these social tools.

Social networking... I'm trying to get a handle on it, so I am now on both Facebook and Twitter. In about a week I have 23 followers on twitter and 135 Facebook friends. Don't know what those numbers mean, if anything, but there it is.

My mother still thinks the only way to communicate is in person or with a hand written letter. I tell her about the people I have met online and then in person on ScubaBoard and she just shakes her head.

I'm not going to make any judgments on Facebook and Twitter until I have some time using them, and really understand these social tools.

24 now that I now have someplace else to stalk . . . er I mean track . . . er I mean follow you on . . .

hey could we have a ScubaBoard Twitter?

"I am posting on ScubaBoard"

"Hey ... back posting on ScubaBoard."

"Dumbmunch is picking a fight with me on ScubaBoard. Bassird."

"Oh he called me a name on ScubaBoard. Bassird."

"Hahahaha ... that was a good joke on ScubaBoard."

"Still posting on ScubaBoard."

"Darn it ... Mom wants me to throw out the trash. BRB"

are you one of my tweeple or something Andy?

24 now that I now have someplace else to stalk . . . er I mean track . . . er I mean follow you on . . .

Hope you enjoyed your fist tweet from me. :D

hey could we have a ScubaBoard Twitter?

"I am posting on ScubaBoard"

"Hey ... back posting on ScubaBoard."

"Dumbmunch is picking a fight with me on ScubaBoard. Bassird."

"Oh he called me a name on ScubaBoard. Bassird."

"Hahahaha ... that was a good joke on ScubaBoard."

"Still posting on ScubaBoard."

"Darn it ... Mom wants me to throw out the trash. BRB"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom