Twitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hope you enjoyed your fist tweet from me. :D

thanks, if you put #scubaboard it will be "searchable" so others can find you . . .

why is your background on twitter holly branches?!?!?!
I run a website that promotes Christmas gift ideas like new toys, games, etc. and began this month to start using Twitter to help promote the website.

BTW, I know the background is no masterpiece, but it does seem to fit the Christmas theme and still be moderately viewable compared to some of my other choices I had at the time.

do it. its a good way to reach out to folks. you can also block the ones you dont want to follow you (by culling your followers every once in a while) and the real trick it to follow things that are interesting to you-- news sources, thought leaders, etc.

I dont follow anyone that's opinion I dont respect and want to hear about so my incoming timeline is pretty lean. Its crazy how fast you learn about things this way.

I think we are on to something here. I have gone ahead and added as a follow anyone who listed their twiitter name here. If I have missed somebody let me know what your username is and I will add you as well.

I follow people who I "know" and who have interesting things to say.

I don't care who follows me. If someone wants to know what I've got to say, fine. I do not automatically follow, so it is irrelevant if spammers or marketers follow me ... I don't follow back.

I find Twitter useful for coordinating activities with groups of friends. For example, I may say: "Scuba diving at Avalon dive park on Wednesday - not quite sure when I'll arrive." Those who care will know and can join the dive. Those who themselves post will let me know.

I find the search feature very helpful. ... Make that somewhat helpful.

BTW: I'm there as HardHabit -- the name of my boat. Someone with the same "real" name as me already claimed it.

I run a website that promotes Christmas gift ideas like new toys, games, etc. and began this month to start using Twitter to help promote the website.

BTW, I know the background is no masterpiece, but it does seem to fit the Christmas theme and still be moderately viewable compared to some of my other choices I had at the time.

I see :D That makes sense and works :D

For everyone - myself included - who follow more than a couple dozen people and sometimes can't be bothered to scroll down the real time feeds, Tweetdeck is a very useful application.

You can divide incoming tweets into categories you choose. So for example, you can have "A-list", "B-list" etc or divide into subject categories.

Another thing I find really useful is the search facility you can use before the tweets come in so if I put in "cobblers" this column will display all the tweets with "coblers" continuously in real time.

Tweetdeck is essential, especially on the iphone.

Twitter is my primary source of news headlines. I follow @BreakinNews, and though they spam the crap out of your twitter (sometimes with 2-3 posts on the same news item) they are generally very quick.

I also like following celebs.

@RainnWilson
@NathanFillion

are my two favorites. I've heard Shaq's is also pretty good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom