Twin PST E7-100 Weight/Trim?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For those who dive a twin PST E7-100 rig, I was wondering if you could offer some tips on trimming them out? Are they top heavy at all? Bottom heavy? Nicely balanced? For those who dive them dry, how much weight do you need? I wear a TLS350 with lots of underwear--either 400g Thinsulate jumpsuit or Bare SB Midlayer jumpsuit with heavyweight Polartec baselayer and 200g Thinsulate vest. Looking for any insights from those with experience diving these tanks so I can trim my new rig out as best as I can before taking the plunge. Given that, according to the published specs on the E7-100s, the buoyancy characteristics are quite similar to my current Faber MP72s, I will skip the pool and go right for open water, on a calm day.

Many thanks!

Mahjong,
Diving a twin PST E7-100 rig, at 5'10", positioned so I can reach the valves, in a SS BP/W, I tend to be a bit head-heavy. Diving them dry in a CF200, with a 400g Thinsulate jumpsuit, I need 12-14 pounds' weight for saltwater.
I'm sure you already know the value of knowing rather than guessing. My recommendation is always to know for yourself. I hope this helps.

Thanks, CardShark! I know it'll take me a few dives to get the weighting and trim dialed in on the rig. First time out, though, I'll do a little guessing.

I was thinking 10 - 12#, actually. So your weighting gives me some assurance (I assume your 12-14# is not including the SS BP). Where do place your weights? I'm shorter than you so it's possible the tank weight might distribute such that the rig "might" not be so head-heavy on me. Definitely only a guess. We'll see.

Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom