Twin Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ebj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Was headed for Lost Lake today and was surprised to find TL open. Sherry said they would be opening on Sundays for now. I was hoping for a super 1 to 2 ft vis at Lost Lake. Vis at TL was up to 10 ft from surface to about 15 ft down. Below that it ranged from 5 to 10 ft. Water temp was 59.

Thanks for the pics, Ernie. I'm going to show my ignorance, and ask you what kind of 2nd stage that is in the pic? Never saw one like that, is that what a rebreather is? Thanks!

That is an old Aqualung DA Aquamaster doublehose reg.

It looks pretty cool because you evidently don't have bubbles in your face. Have you been diving a long time? Glad to have you here on the Swampers forum, welcome back.

MichaelBaranows:
Is that a catfish in that picture? And if so would you be nice enough to let me know where it is at. I have made close to twenty dives out there and haven't seen one yet.

Have you checked the school bus?

ebj:
Was headed for Lost Lake today and was surprised to find TL open. Sherry said they would be opening on Sundays for now. I was hoping for a super 1 to 2 ft vis at Lost Lake. Vis at TL was up to 10 ft from surface to about 15 ft down. Below that it ranged from 5 to 10 ft. Water temp was 59.

Thanks for the report!:D

MichaelBaranows:
Is that a catfish in that picture? And if so would you be nice enough to let me know where it is at. I have made close to twenty dives out there and haven't seen one yet.
That's a catfish. Maybe this closeup will help. Come dive with me sometime and I'll show you where he rests.

OK, Ernie I will have to do that. But it will be a few weeks cause Sunday I am in the pool and next week I am in San Marcos.

I have looked around the bus for catfish but all I ever see is big Bass. But all I have had before was small weak lights. I have a new light now so maybe I can hunt them out.

There's a big pipe, about 8-10"?, that sticks out of the noth side. There's almost always a catfish in there. Also, if you watch the grass along the west side of the old roadbed, you can see the 'tunnels' where the catfish have burrowed into the grass. But watch out, they'll shoot out of there fast enough to make you swallow your reg!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom