Twin Lakes Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cudabait

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Saturday morning, the 27, fourteen Lunarfins and Packetsniffer got together at the lake for some socializing and getting wet. Most made two dives and enjoyed the morning. Sun was warm..had some light breeze (maybe) got to exercise te 'ol sweat glands.

First dive was from the point at about 30 ft. to the NW end of lake. Made turnaround and began return at about 16 feet. Played around the airstream trailer and other stuff, including roto tiller sign (fog). Stopped at no parking sign and got out and parked it for awhile (in shade which we took) Water temp was a boiling 88 to 90 degrees ( depending on whose gauge one looked at) to 30 feet. There it cooled off significantly. Viz was 12 to 15 feet. Made first dive in full half mil.

Second dive was in tank top and bathing suit (required at Twin Lakes) This was very comfortable! Went east from the point over roadway to the boat(s) along roadway to the north eventually returning to no parking sign at point.

Mike (owner) stayed pretty busy filling tanks. Divers were not scarce.

Maybe a bunch of swamper could get together (when the days get a little cooler?) I'm game.

Regards,

That sounds like a good ideal. Visited Twin Lakes the beginning of this year, it was nice. I enjoyed myself. I am all for going again. Anyone else?

MichaelBaranows:
Good to see reports. It has been over a month since I have been out here. Maybe I will go over there Labor day if they are open.

Labor day sounds good what time?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom