Twin Lakes Polar Bear diving....who's game???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Beast and I will be at the lake about noon. Coldwater and Jester have said they were coming. Who else is gonna brave the elements? haha

We will be thinking of ya'll at Lake Travis!

Dee:
Beast and I will be at the lake about noon. Coldwater and Jester have said they were coming. Who else is gonna brave the elements? haha

Sorry, no can do. I've got a raging sinus infection. How cold will it be by the way?

You have my sympathies chrpai! I had a raging sinus infection before Christmas; the worst I have ever had.

chrpai:
Sorry, no can do. I've got a raging sinus infection. How cold will it be by the way?

This past Sunday the water was 55º at 25 feet. Beast and Jose were toasty in their drysuits.

ace.sized.jpg

Tad on the chilly side for me, but..... We get to play with fire, right?

Plan to come out mid day.

55 degrees, that warm water!! I just recently moved down here from S.W. Missouri and the water got a heck of a lot colder up there.

But, I can't say anything for this year, we are going to the silo a nice warm 60 some odd degrees

Dee:
This past Sunday the water was 55º at 25 feet. Beast and Jose were toasty in their drysuits.

ace.sized.jpg

Sounds like 3mil territory to me. :wink:

Actually its funny. When I first moved here I visited a dive shop on Westheimer. A well meaning, young dive master started asking me about my diving. When he found out that I dove in a 3mil (2pc 3mil with .5mil skin, 7mil hood, 7mil gloves, 7mil boots) in 55F water he started lecturing me about how unsafe it was.

Personally I can do 2 40minute dives and then I get cold. But I just like the feel of the bouyancy with a 3mil so much more then the 7mil.

Maybe one day I'll be allowed to get a dry suit and then it wont matter.

chrpai:
in 55F water he started lecturing me about how unsafe it was.

Ok... I think it boils down to personal comfort.

I have done lots of diving in low 50's/high 40's water and been in a 5mm with a 7mm hood and 3mm gloves and was just fine, with other people there telling me I was stupid for doing it.

How was the vis when beast was there last?

Thanks in advance
Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom