Twin Lakes has air!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
That's right folks....Mike's brand new Bauer air compressor was installed yesterday and he was pumping the first tanks of air by afternoon. I believe T.P.H. was the guinea p...uh, first customer! Air fills will be $6 and he'll have a few rental tanks as they come available.

We had a nice gathering at the lake yesterday. SwampThing was busy with a class and didn't get a chance to visit but it was nice to see him. Daylight spent some time with us after his class and got Beast fired up about some new toys...thanks alot, Larry! T.P.H., GeekDiver, ChrisPete and friend Jeffery, Beast and I rounded out the group. As we were returning from our first dives, is see a couple that looks vaguely familiar setting up on the point. Do I know them or no I just not recognize them because I don't have my glasses on? It was a bit of both! TruckDiver and wife SheilaMonster had driven down from Dallas to check out our lake. Beast and I had met them at the last Dallas get together. It was good to see you guys!

It was nice to get back into the lake! Surface temp of 77º with a cool 72-73º at 12-13ft. Below that first thermocline it was still cold and I didn't go there! The viz was a constant 8-10 ft. We saw some of the biggest bass I've ever seen. They are all spawning and not in the least scared of us. The big ones were following us like the perch usually do. And the fry were hatching out in the bazillions. Little miniature bait balls everywhere! I did get a bit chilled toward the end of the second dive but that was fine...I was T-shirt diving at home again.

We set up for the first time on Swampers Point. I'll be painting a sign in the next week or so and maybe check into having a flag made or something...just an idea at this point. Mike has plans to build our covered shelter next, we have 4-5 picnic tables, 1 gear bench with 2 more in the plans. A floating dock in place very nearby make it so nice.

We have a dive club meeting this Wed. so we'll miss the mid-week dives but we'll be back next weekend.

Dee,
It was great seeing everyone. You know we never have enough stuff. I'm sorry if I enabled Doug.
Yeah, there was a lot of freshly compressed air being breathed on Sunday. Also, we delivered 6 newly minted divers today.
Later,
Larry

I stopped by TL on Saturday right around noon but
you weren't there yet Dee. The place is really looking
great. I looked for T.P.H. but have a feeling maybe he
was in the water or I just missed seeing him. I'll
try again next Saturday if your going to be there. TL
is really looking good.

It was nice to see you ChrisPete!!

Tina

Looks like I missed a great time! Oh well, at least my yard looks like a million bucks. Too bad I can't go "yard diving."

Now, don't you guys go using up all the good dives out there at TL until I can get there!

Davis

hoover once bubbled...
Looks like I missed a great time! Oh well, at least my yard looks like a million bucks. Too bad I can't go "yard diving."

Now, don't you guys go using up all the good dives out there at TL until I can get there!

Davis

Well....I think we left you a few! Starting from Swampers Point is way different than we're used to! We'll have to learn new u/w landmarks since we're starting almost at the boats. Maybe Tony can get us some more stop signs to plant in front of the dock!

Sounds like the temps are shaping up at TL...that's great! Dee - thanks for the extensive report on what's new at TL. If Francois and I have time on Sun., we'll try to go down to TL to see all the new toys and dive.

I was in Key Largo doing some dive training two weeks ago, and the temperature at ~50 ft was only ~73F (down right chilly after 2 dives). So our TL isn't so far off from ocean diving right now :)

scubatexastony once bubbled...

I'll see what's left, maybe more appropriate would be "KEEP OUT, RESTRICTED AREA" or something to that effect....hehe complete with skull and crossbones for da' Beasts approval :wink:

tony

How about a radioactive sign...that should keep strangers away :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom