Twin Lakes ...Free Access

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T.P.H.

Contributor
Reaction score
That`s right,Free food and access to the park and lake for a little labor.
The owner is overwhelmed that The Texas Swamp Divers Team has shown an interest in his new spot.
We need to set a date,and keep a head count on who will show.
Moderators To The Rescue!!!
I`m open any Saturday So Ya`ll decide.No air is available at this time.
Things to do at the park:
>put together picnic tables( he has material for 10 now)
>weld eye`s on float tanks
>paint logo`s on tanks/drive up booth
>underwater trash removal along sides
>set some bouys on a few wrecks
>finish second access platform
etc...What`s the word?? I`ll be out there this sat.am and diving for sure sun at 3.If anyone wants to show,all help will be appreciated.

Sounds like a plan in the making!

We're tied up with classes for the next 2 weekends. So far the weekend of the 18/19 is open then Lake Travis/Memorial weekend the next.

I'll check with Beast about 18/19...how's that sound to everyone?

TPH....could you co-ordinate things with the owner and the divers?

Does he have all the tools that would be need for the projects you mentioned?

18/19 is good with me.Yes I can co-ordinate between the divers and the owner and I will ask about the tools needed if any.

OK ...How does the weekend of 18/19 sound to everyone?
I will keep a rolling tally on this thread.

If it's cool with Dee and the rest of you folks, I'd like to suggest that the owner be approached with the idea of prominently displaying our club logo somewhere. Even on a wreck underwater. Or possibly painted on a few picnic table tops.

Dee has some T-shirts with the logo on it (but there are a few mistakes that the screen printers made) to give you new folks and the Twin Lakes onwer the idea. If it's accepted, then I can forward the things you need to have a sign printer make up a good quality version.

Good job on your all (especially TPH) for helping this fellow!!!! Y'all are the type of divers I wanted to attract to the TSDT.

--Mike

Having the TSDT logo displayed is cool with me. But I'm not sure how to do it. It's a very detailed logo and it will be hard to paint it somewhere small, like on the picnic tables. It may cost quite a bit to have a sign painter paint it somewhere large....any of you divers a sign painter? :wink:

Mike, we've talked about this a little in the past...what about vinyl stickers? I wouldn't mind having one on the window of my Scuba Van anyway!

Last quote I had on 4"x4" vinyl stickers was a cost of about $250-275 for 100.

I'd still like to do them as well, but you've already asked the key question on funding this in a different forum.

The logo placement is a good idea...I`ll ask Mike this eve.If anyone knows where to get those plastic 55 gal drums,Mike could use a few.I`ve got 6 comming to complete the second access platform.they take 16 for one plat.Also need to find about 80ft of 1/2 chain used on both preferably and the drums MUST be sealable.
Love to Dive 2....I`m sure we will find some easy work for ya..don`t worry.Also I sent ya a private msg.Did you get it??

Hi T.P.H and gang

I left you a private message T.P.H. I am pretty open this weekend and live really close. Might just stop by both days. I look forward
to helping out on the 18/19. It will be fun.

Hey team...The logo idea went over well with the owner.We can post it out front on or below his sign on the hiway or any where eles we want it! No tools will be needed,he has everything we will need.The extra large below surface platform will be in the water this week so we will have to figure out how to put logo`s on it while it`s in the lake.There should be more than enough float exposed to put it / them on.
Myself,Odin.a best friend of mine (and dive instructor)Nhi and Love To Dive 2 I know of are comming out this Sat and Sun.Everyone is welcome to come out.Thanks Texas Mike for the pat on the back,I need all the ego boosting I can get.lol.

Back
Top Bottom