TWIC delays (what else is new?) of up to 75 days.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nolatom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Be forewarned if you need one, or especially if you need one to submit with a license renewal application:

Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC®) | Transportation Security Administration

I personally have not had any real trouble applying, replacing, or renewing mine, but I'm lucky enough to live in a town where there is an issuing office right nearby, and my firm has footed the costs since I need it both for work and the occasional captain/instructor gig.

I really do hope this program has helped prevent whatever it is they are supposed to have prevented (maybe they have, but it's hard to prove a negative), because they have been a real pain for lots of mariners and license holders.

Didn't wait more than a week for my last renewal, last March. Initial issue was 6 or 8 weeks.

I just renewed mine last week. Walked into the renewal place without appointment walked out 15 mns later. My new twic showed up this am in the mail in less then a week. Now submitting my CG renewal and we will see if they can get it done with the same speed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom