TWIC Card & airports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ComputerJoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I used my card to use the crew lines at both Detroit and Orlando on my trip to DEMA this year. Personal seemed to be aware of them...no problems.

Sweet...Are you crew? Or is that $145 card finally worth something?

I've had mixed experiences using the card in crew lines. Sometimes they'll let me use it, other times they won't. It usually depends on the person there. I think sometimes they mistake it for a military ID :idk:

I asked about use of the TWIC for airline check ins and was told both systems are not linked so it would be of no use to speed up the process. I'll have to try it the next time I fly.

Great question and I am waiting for an answer...still waiting...holding my breath...OH CRUD, over-expansion problem!!

I use my TWIC for sheeple security check. I have not had a problem in 5 years.

markm

Do tell us more about this! I'm not sure what you mean by "crew lines," but it sounds like a benefit.

I still had to remove shoes, empty pockets, and get full body scan but didn't get a personal petting session dog gone it. I was going to ask for the cute chick too.

Crew lines are usually much shorter. At Orlando they were on the far left. In Detroit they were on the second level.

Sometimes I think that they mistake the TWICS for military id's. I know this used to happen when I showed my old MMD. Oh well, with flying 2-4 times a month it's always nice to catch a break at security.

I use my TWIC all the time when checking in at the airport - but never tried the crew line.

So the crew lines are for.... what sort of crew? Airport employee type crew? I take it you weren't "crew".... but, they didn't ask you anything, but just sent you through on the basis of presenting a TWIC?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom