Twenty-two minutes of humility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I started with my fusion I thought I would be smart and wear some thermal underwear inside my DS undergarments. I eventually realized was that they were making me colder. Sweat would get into the undergarment and be trapped closed to my body, making me cold and clammy. With just the undergarments, the sweat would wick into the thick material and I was much warmer.

I switch to my 5mm wetsuit during the warmer months. I find surface swims in the drysuit are much more arduous and the extra weight, hoses etc, are not worth effort. I have had a bad experience with a too tight neck seal. It was only apparent on the surface and the sensation was really unpleasant.

Neck seal is causing reduced blood flow to brain, not good. Lightheadedness and nausea can be the results. This used to happen to me along with sweating, soaked undergarments, extra ballast, miserable surface swims, inability to pee if I wanted to without diapers or a cath, constantly chasing pinhole leaks from getting sent into urchin spines from surging ocean waters, failing zippers, and a final nail in the coffin was the fact that it was going to be about a $900 bill to have the zipper replaced.
So I gave up drysuit diving and went back to very well fitting custom wetsuits and couldn’t be happier.
Is a well fitting quality 7 mm wetsuit out of the question?
Talk to Dano, a good Freediveshop wetsuit is very toasty and comfortable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom