TWARS (This Week at Reef Seekers) . . . LIVE FROM NEW YORK!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Want to travel??? Upcoming 2018 vacation trips:

• June 8-20 - Yap Immersion (7 going - room for a few more)
• August 18-25 - Isla Mujeres (Whale Sharks, Cancun Underwater Museum, Cenotes)
• October 27 - November 3 - Roatan at Anthony's Key (3 SPOTS LEFT)

GET MORE INFO ON ALL OF OUR VACATION TRIPS HERE: Foreign Trips
———————————————————————————————————————————
Upcoming local dives & classes:

• Sat., June 2 - Redondo (Vets Park) - Beach dive (single tank - $25)
• Thu., June 28 (re-sked) - CLASS - NAUI Nitrox ($25)
• Sat., June 30 - Catalina Express - Avalon Underwater Park ($150)

To sign up for any of these dives, either call us at 310/652-4990 or e-mail us at kenkurtis@aol.com
———————————————————————————————————————————

Greetings from the Big Apple (well, actually Fort Lee, N.J.) . . .

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND - Hopefully you're having (or had) a lovely Memorial Day Weekend. Mine is non-diving related as I'm in New York City doing a bunch of family stuff that included an emotionally moving day with visits to the 9/11 Memorial & Museum (my first time), the Statue of Liberty (haven't been there since I was a kid), and Ellis Island (never been). All quite interesting and different, and reflecting different aspects of the American Experience. To top it off, we spent Sunday at Yankee Stadium with family watching the Yankees beat the Angels. (And I'm going back tomorrow for Yankees/Astros before flying back to L.A. in the late evening.) Needless to say, I had my camera, and if you'd like to see any of what I saw, use this link. There's a separate gallery for each experience so choose whatever ones you like:
New York City - Memorial Day weekend 2018 .

NITROX POSTPONED - Because of my trip, we pushed the NAUI Nitrox back a month to June 28. We've got four or five committed and if you'd like to join us, give me a call.

AVALON AT THE END OF JUNE - I'll be in Yap June 8-20 so our next local dive is Redondo this coming Saturday and then back to Avalon and the Underwater Park on June 30. Given the amount of Black Sea Bass we saw in the Park a week ago, I'm guessing they're here now for the summer and may be even more plentiful by the end of June. As I always say, you never know unless you go look.

Short and sweet this week as I'm on holiday and you likely are too. So that'll do it for now. Have a great week as well as whatever remains of your 3-day weekend, and let's go diving soon!!!

- Ken

Reports of as many as 10 giant sea bass in the dive park this past weekend

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom