Tusa Tri-Ex fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gauge17

New
Reaction score
Anyone tried the Tusa Tri-Ex fins? I definitly do not want split fins and these are the ones I am considering. Anyone have any experience with them?

gauge17:
Anyone tried the Tusa Tri-Ex fins? I definitly do not want split fins and these are the ones I am considering. Anyone have any experience with them?

i'm using a pair of Tri-Ex and I think they are good. Comfortable and quite efficient. The one thing i particularly like is that as the blade points upwards when you swim face down it's less likely to stir sand/silt of the bottom. But then this is my first and only pair of fins so I cannot give you any comparison. But imho they're definitely better than rental fins I used.

I will be trying out my Tri-Ex fins in a couple of weeks, and be able to compare them with my Mares Quattros. I'll send you a message when I've been able to test them.

I like the full blade fin vs. split (I had a pair of Apollo Bio fins I grew to hate when I started diving); my wife loves her TUSA X-pert Zoom fins, and I think there is something positive about the angle of the foot pocket. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to test them out.

WarmWaterDiver:
I will be trying out my Tri-Ex fins in a couple of weeks, and be able to compare them with my Mares Quattros. I'll send you a message when I've been able to test them.

I like the full blade fin vs. split (I had a pair of Apollo Bio fins I grew to hate when I started diving); my wife loves her TUSA X-pert Zoom fins, and I think there is something positive about the angle of the foot pocket. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to test them out.

Hi WarmWaterDiver,

Was wondering if you've had the chance to do your comparison test yet. My girlfriend's thinking of changing her Atomics split for something else, probably a full blade fin this time round. We've come across some positive reviews about the Mares Quattros (can't really go wrong with them) and Tusa Tri-Ex, and she has only managed to try on a pair of Quattros at our LDS (but found even the smallest size too big - she's a US size 6). Any inputs would be great and thanks!

Unfortunately, my last dive trip was a 'bust' for me - too much stuff to go into detail here. I'll have another shot late next month though.

My wife wears a US women's size 6 shoe, and a Mares size XXS-4 (Men's? no doubt?) bootie, and TUSA X-pert Zoom splits in their smallest size, so your GF shouldn't have a problem finding a good fit with the TUSA Tri-EX product.

If you can find someone in your area that sells the TUSA products and will allow your GF to do a test drive in their pool, that would probably be the best way to test them. A number of LDS's have a 'try before you buy' program these days, or 'money back if not satisfied within xx number of days' but those 'xx number of days' programs usually are if the stuff hasn't been in the water before trying to return - but not always.

I have recently tried out the tri-ex and found them really comfortable, the foot pocket is a little higher profile than some of the other fins i have tried, so i think it would go well i you have a boot with a thicker sole on it. The tri-ex was a bit stiffer than my mares quattros, so i do still prefer the quattros. Another point, we do run a few pair of tri-ex's in our hire fleet at the shop and have found they do tend to bend out of shape a bit if not cared for (standing them on their tips) but this wouldn't be an issue if you looked after them or any fin for that matter. Anyway hope that helps.

gauge17:

I tried out my new pair yesterday. I found them to be very comfortable (nice fit) and they worked well with my kicks (regular and frog) - nice propulsion. I also like that the fin strap has quick release buckles, which makes it very easy to take off and then carry. They seem to be really good fins.

Back
Top Bottom