Tusa Reg Package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mle_osu

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
While taking my Nitrox class at a LDS, I was asking them about some regs and package deals (my first big scuba gear purchase). Turns out they are selling off thier rental/training equipment because they are changing brands...

They have offered the Tusa RS-240 Reg, SS-10 Octo, and SCA-330 guages all for just $300. I priced the items seprately at other locations online, and it seems to be a pretty good deal. They have only been used a year and have never been in salt water. I think I am going to take them up on it, but wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts or experience with these items...

Thanks in advance for your two cents!

mle_osu:
While taking my Nitrox class at a LDS, I was asking them about some regs and package deals (my first big scuba gear purchase). Turns out they are selling off thier rental/training equipment because they are changing brands...

They have offered the Tusa RS-240 Reg, SS-10 Octo, and SCA-330 guages all for just $300. I priced the items seprately at other locations online, and it seems to be a pretty good deal. They have only been used a year and have never been in salt water. I think I am going to take them up on it, but wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts or experience with these items...

Thanks in advance for your two cents!

See if they are giving you the lifetime warranty... or if that is voided due to the fact that it's used stuff. If you didn't care about the 240, you could do a 130, which is the exact same second stage... just different first, and get it new for almost the same money. The 240 is more expensive since it's a diaphragm 1st, but really no better in my opionion... in fact perhaps the opposite.

Your 300 package would be about $400 new with the lifetime warranty, so it's really just deciding which is the best deal for you... You can look at rental gear 2 ways... it's stuff that no user takes acor of because it's rental, or it's well taken care of because it's rental. Really depends on the store.

scubatoys:
The 240 is more expensive since it's a diaphragm 1st, but really no better in my opionion... in fact perhaps the opposite.

What are the major differences between Piston and Diaphram?? And what would make one better than the other (besides preference)?

scubatoys:
Your 300 package would be about $400 new with the lifetime warranty, so it's really just deciding which is the best deal for you... You can look at rental gear 2 ways... it's stuff that no user takes acor of because it's rental, or it's well taken care of because it's rental. Really depends on the store.

If the 240 is $350 new, then how would the whole setup (240, SS10, and SCA330) only be $400? I have not seen a package like that anywhere... is that what you would offer at scubatoys or is the $400 package with the 130 (because I did see that package)?

Larry. It is a good point.

The used one cannot come with the lifetime warranty, even from the dealer shop. But, I am sure your LDS tries to convince you by suggesting you can have the annual service with the warranty at their place. In other words, you cannot be free from them as long as you need the service on that regulator. So, it is your call. Why don’t you give the chance to Larry? Don’t worry. I am not on his payroll. I am just his loyal customer J

hoosier:
Larry. It is a good point.

Why don’t you give the chance to Larry? Don’t worry. I am not on his payroll. I am just his loyal customer J

that is fine too, i havent made up my mind, but as I want to start diving more, I have considered owning my own equiptment... this opportunity at the LDS just came up and by no means are they pressuring me about it... they are a great dive shop. I have shopped online, but there are just so many options, it is hard to decide - a lot to consider??.

I am going to the Rodale's In Ten City tour at Scuba Toys in a few weekends and will discuss things there before purchasing... again, new to actually purchasing life support systems, so all the advice I can get it good!

mle_osu:
If the 240 is $350 new, then how would the whole setup (240, SS10, and SCA330) only be $400?

Magic! Many items that we have listed are at prices set by the manufacturers. When we put together a package for you, we can sometimes be very flexible on the pricing.

I see you plan on coming to the 10 city tour... Cool! I just talked to Scott Zeagle, and he will be here as well... but I can tell you it will be nuts that day, so if you want to come in earlier to check out some packages, and have me show you the difference between pistons and diaphragms... feel free to stop by anytime!

Back
Top Bottom