tusa imprex regulator problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sotos

New
Reaction score
Hello all.

I wanted to know if anyone ever owned a Tusa Imprex regulator.

I own a dive shop and I had a request from a customer to adjust his recently serviced regulator by an other technician. It was a Tusa Imprex regulator. There was a problem with very low IP (below 8 bars) and also a strange creeping intermediate pressure when purging the 2nd stage slowly was increasing to reach 11 bars and still going higher. That triggered my couriosity. How a recently serviced regulator can have this problem? I asked for information about these regulators, a technician with previous experience. He told me that these regulators had been recalled by the manufacturer because of the problem that I described. I searched in the internet for information but there is no information about any recall. The only apparent thing is that TUSA is no longer produce these regulators.

I would appreciate your information / experience about this issue.

Thank you
Sotos

sotos once bubbled...
Hello all.

I wanted to know if anyone ever owned a Tusa Imprex regulator.

I own a dive shop and I had a request from a customer to adjust his recently serviced regulator by an other technician. It was a Tusa Imprex regulator. There was a problem with very low IP (below 8 bars) and also a strange creeping intermediate pressure when purging the 2nd stage slowly was increasing to reach 11 bars and still going higher. That triggered my couriosity. How a recently serviced regulator can have this problem? I asked for information about these regulators, a technician with previous experience. He told me that these regulators had been recalled by the manufacturer because of the problem that I described. I searched in the internet for information but there is no information about any recall. The only apparent thing is that TUSA is no longer produce these regulators.

I would appreciate your information / experience about this issue.

Thank you
Sotos

The Tusa Imprex is a BCD isn't it?

R..

Sotos,
Sorry for the late response, If my memory serves me correct, TUSA had recognized this problem with the HP seats for these units and redesigned them. I think I have a few of the new style still kicking around here.

Dennis

TUSA marketed a copy of the Scubapro Mk 10 after the patent expired(actually, they made the Mk 10 for Scubapro as well) and if I remember correctly this was marketed as the Imprex and I noted it is no longer cataloged.

If this is the reg you are talking about, they are a bullet proof piston design that shares the same part numbers as the Scubapro Mk 10 (no surprise as, except for the case cosmetics, they are the first stage reg.)

In my experience, TUSA tended to use the old flat style mk 10 seat that could also be reversed to get double the life out of them while Scubapro has tried various concave seat designs, some of which did not last long and were subject to recall - the Mk 10 Plus with its concave seat and rounded sealing edge on the piston being a good example.

Was the other shop a Tusa dealer?

What you describe can happen when a shop "underhauls" a reg they aren't a dealer, and can't get parts, for, that's got a failing HP seat. Then they try to compensate for the creep by cranking down the IP.

sotos once bubbled...
Hello all.

I wanted to know if anyone ever owned a Tusa Imprex regulatorSNIP

Back
Top Bottom