Tusa Imprex or Mares Quattro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

basiakm

Reaction score
I'm new to these forums and need some advice. Which fins are better in the currents : Tusa Imprex or Mares Quattro? Which one is stiffer or better for frog? My instructor told mi to buy Mares X3 as they are better for women, frog and helicopter. What's your opinion?

basiakm:
I'm new to these forums and need some advice. Which fins are better in the currents : Tusa Imprex or Mares Quattro? Which one is stiffer or better for frog? My instructor told mi to buy Mares X3 as they are better for women, frog and helicopter. What's your opinion?
Cześć Basia! Welcome to the (not-yet-existant) Polish sub-forum of ScubaBoard! I'm sure you'll be getting a post or a message from Mania. Where in Poland are you?

Can't help you much regarding fins... I happen to use Mares X3's, but mainly because of the price difference compared to Quattro's. I really like the X3's though. (~90-kg guy!) I certainly hope, though, they'll be good for frog-kicks and helicopter turns, when I get around to learning them. :sigh:

--Marek

Czesc.
I'm from Lublin. I"m going to Marsa Alam & later on Maldives maybe. So I want fins good for kick and of course currents. I tried jet fins but they are too much loosen for me (boot size 5). And I'd like to attempt backwards. One guy told me Mares X3 would be better in that case. What do you think?

Quattro also, but then, IMHO they are both inferior fins, wanna do the frog, get Jet Fins and stop messing around. Heck the Jet fins even hold their shape without plastic inserts, I once had my Jets backed over with a car, and they were none the worse for it.

Definitely the Quattro. I just started diving Turtle fins but my previous pair is a set of Quattros and I haven't decided which ones I like best.

I dumped my imprex a few years ago,they were tearing up my ankles,just too stiff.

Quatros are the way to go

basiakm:

It depends on your strenght and size and level of fitness. Scubapro Jets are good if you have strong legs and are in good physical condition and are not a very small person. They have
almost zero flex in them. I have quartos and of course they do have some flex but only
in the centers the outside rails are stiff. I'm male and only in "fair" condition dive on average two days a week. I would not want anything stiffer then quatros. I bought a pair for my son.
He is a new diver, 14 years old and 110 lbs and not yet very strong. The quatros are to stiff for him he can't move his legs enough with the big stiff fins to make much power, he'd be better off with spit fins. I may have to get him a pait but in a few years he'll be stronger and want the stiffer fins that have the potential to deliver more power

I think it is like gears on a bicycle.s You go faster with the "tall" gears but you need the leg strenght to use them. People with less strenght or conditioning will need to shift down.

I'm small woman, 55kg, boots S or XS size. Now I see with Quattros can be a problem.
Thanks for help

basiakm:
I'm small woman, 55kg, boots S or XS size. Now I see with Quattros can be a problem.
Thanks for help
Basia--

My feet are pretty small (for a guy)... I wear a U.S. size 8-1/2, or European 41/42. I have pair of Cressi booties bought here in Poland, size S. I think my Mares X3 fins are also S, and they fit fine over the booties. I would imagine Quattro sizes would be the same as X3.

Just make sure you take your booties with you when you go fin shopping.

--Marek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom