Turtle Picture from Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtiffee:
Once I set my white balance once on my first dive, the camera remembers it for the rest of my trip.
Mike

Nice pics.

Do you mean that you set it once and leave it? Or that the camera doesnt default to auto....

Just curious, because manually setting white balance for 55 feet won't be accurate for 20 feet, etc.

Chris

When I was diving in Belize last month, I set the white balance on my first dive when I descended to the bottom which was at 45 feet. I used that setting for all my dives from 10-100 feet and it worked great. I think once you get past 30 feet or so, the color difference is gradual between 30 and 90 feet and a simple tweak in photoshop can correct any minor issues. The s50 has 2 user white balance settings that it will remember for you for future use.

To answer the previous question, I don't use any external strobes, just the in camera strobe, and only up close, like into a hole, etc. The backscatter is really bad. It works great for shooting lobster or fish hiding under a ledge, but horrible in caverns and swim throughs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom