turtle from last week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am a bit behind on the posting of things from my dives over the last few weeks! Trying to get ready for my holiday has pushed the fun stuff down the list!

Here is a little turtle we had the pleasure of diving with last week.

I have played around with the levels a little bit in PS and would be interested to hear ideas and comments.

Nice shot.
Looks like you are getting the hang of PS.
I'm not sure I'll ever totally get the hang of it as it is such a diverse program.

Looks nice...

Really nice shot! I have found it is sometimes hard to keep the water blue when you are trying to adjust it out of the rest of the picture... you did a great job!

cheers!

Thanks for the kudos.

I am getting better in PS but have a long way to go. I am becoming more confident to play with the individual levels, tho I must confess I don't actually completely understand what I am doing!

This shot was pretty nice (I thought) in its original form, just too dark (I meant to do that!) The water was already nice so that was a bonus. The biggest problem I have had in adjusting things is sometimes I am not sure it looks "natural" - at one point I had a very jaundiced turtle!

Justleesa...if I knew HOW to add that I would :wink:

nice. Very close and he appears to be comfortable which means you did not startle him.

Mike -

He actually was there the whole 70+ minutes of our dive except for the two times he casually headed to the surface for a breath! We just sat and watched him all the way up and then he turned right around and came back to us. We stayed where we were when he started up and he had no hesitation in coming straight back down! It was a wonderful experience.

First time I have been able to do a dive where I found a turtle at the beginning and kept coming back to find him just as mellow! He was perfectly happy with us...my buddy took this (with my camera which he had not used before)...and turtle just kept scratching his belly on the reef before settling down on the little ledge. Several times he was much closer to us than even here!

At the end of our dive we left him there and the viz was so nice we could see him just hanging out there the whole time we made our way back to the boat...he's probably still there!

alcina:
Thanks for the kudos.

I am getting better in PS but have a long way to go. I am becoming more confident to play with the individual levels, tho I must confess I don't actually completely understand what I am doing!

This shot was pretty nice (I thought) in its original form, just too dark (I meant to do that!) The water was already nice so that was a bonus. The biggest problem I have had in adjusting things is sometimes I am not sure it looks "natural" - at one point I had a very jaundiced turtle!

Justleesa...if I knew HOW to add that I would :wink:
I guess that will be another thing I will have to show you next week...besides the best spot for Mai Tais....

Back
Top Bottom