Turning 60

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Derffie

Registered
Reaction score
Wow! How did I get this old?
Anyway, I'm newly certified and am looking to book a vacation towards the end of the year to celebrate the big six-o. I would like to combine scuba with other outdoor activities, such as hiking and kayaking. Open to any and all suggestions.
Thanks!

Thanks!
Any thoughts about places like South Africa, Fiji, Australia, Galopagos....

Anyway, I'm newly certified and am looking to book a vacation towards the end of the year to celebrate the big six-o. I would like to combine scuba with other outdoor activities, such as hiking and kayaking. Open to any and all suggestions.
Thanks!

You might look to places such as Jamaica (we've been to Negril several times) with both diving and adventure-type secondary activities, such as water falls and the mountain ridge down the middle of the island; Belize with the combination of the diving on the cayes and the inland Mayan and eco-tourism attractions; Costa Rica with diving on the Pacific side coupled with the Arenal (and other volcanos) and rain forest adventures such as zip lines; or Puerto Rico with diving in several locations, and then the inland dry forest (and such attractions as the Areceibo Observatory).

And I am sure there are others, these are the one's that we've been to, and are most familiar with. Of course, we also enjoy the mainland of the Yucatan, with excellent diving (we go to Puerto Aventura at least once every year) and the easy accessibility to multiple Mayan ruins.

Thanks!

The Malaysian part of Borneo combines excellent diving and great land-based activities.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice; in practice, there is...

Liveaboard in the Bahamas. Diving fishing, kayaking,hiking on beaches. Us old people must pace ourselves. Enjoy but don't overdo.

congrats on your certification.........wherever you go enjoy.

Hi Diver
I am 66 years old I keep myself very fit I do one hour swin and one hour gym circuit every day
I feel good and enjoy every dive I make. I dive in the UK waters sea and fresh water lakes I use 10ltr twin set and drysuit
Never to old to enjoy
Ken

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dereffi, we don't know where you are so it makes it more difficult. Age makes no difference to diving but experience does. Get some dives under your belt, the more the merrier.
Bonaire, is a great place to get some diving experience, very little current, no need to go below 50 ft, warm water, dive as much as you want right at your door step. Kayaking and windsurfing on the East coast and hiking in the hills. Take thick boots as some of the thorns are vicious.

You need to get some dives under your belt before you tackle some of the more challenging dive locations.

Perhentian in Malaysia could be an option, hiking is not so good as it is a small island. Maybe Lankayan then you can see some of the scenery in Borneo in the mountains in KK etc.

Have fun from another over 60.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom