Turks & Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are a diving group then you can not beat the diving on Grand Turk. Super laid back, intimate island, great condo options, and Oasis is the BEST operator. Mesmorizing...we just keep going back....

S

I just returned this week from TCI & dove with Caicos Adventures. Be aware that Fifi is gone now, picking up his new boat in Florida. I am not sure how long he is gone for but he was not around for our trip. Also, the Caicos Cat was laid up on a reef in late January and is still laid up, hasn't gone back to the shipyard yet. We had to dive on the Hercules everyday,which wasn't bad but was disappointing because of the fact that I was built up to dive on this great other boat and they never told me that it was laid up over two months prior & not seaworthy. The Hercules was pretty crowded with 11 divers & 3 DM's.

The DM's were great and made the trip better but the diving wasn't as good as I had heard or expected. I always say when you set expectations, be prepared to be disappointed and I was for the first two dives. My next 4 dives over the following 2 days were better but I cannot say that the diving was any better than what I had experienced in Cozumel last year. The biggest plus was finally seeing 2 sharks while diving, that was a thrill.

As Tim said, it can be hot or cold and I must have hit a cold patch. The vis was not great, 70 feet the first two days and about 40-50 the third day. The water was warm but you definitely need a wetsuit because even with one (2 mil shorty), it was cold by the end of the second dive (and I usually don't get cold).

Email me if you have any questions.

Back
Top Bottom