Turks & Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't exactly say it is a secret or doesn't get a lot of dive traffic - there are 2 liveaboards there and a decent number of dive ops. I'd say it's somewhat like Cayman above & below, but not nearly as built up (comparing Provo vs GC) and they just don't seem to advertise or promote mass tourism as much.

Big secret! I just got back from Provo and did 10 dives. Awesome walls, great reefs (excellent condition, lush, and lots of diversity), and a variety of sites. Much better reef conditions than Key Largo (except that KL has more fish). Provo is a little expensive but not terrible. 10 years from now it will be considered much better of a dive destination than Caymans (a marketing problem, not a diving infrastructure problem).

Finally, I support the consensus for Caicos Adventures - dove with another operator as well and CA was far superior!

pilot fish:
I know nothing about Turk & Caicos and was wondering what the attraction was? How would you compare the diving there, to Dominica, Bonaire or Cozumel? It doesn't seem to get a lot of dive traffic and I was wondering if it was because the diving is so-so, or it's a big secret how good it is? Is above water nice?

pilot fish:
I know nothing about Turk & Caicos and was wondering what the attraction was? How would you compare the diving there, to Dominica, Bonaire or Cozumel? It doesn't seem to get a lot of dive traffic and I was wondering if it was because the diving is so-so, or it's a big secret how good it is? Is above water nice?

So-so diving ? Definitely not. Great wall dives, uncrowded reefs, sharks, rays, etc..

Here is a video I made of my trip this past fall.

Right click and "save target as" to download.

www.ronrosa.com/tcp2.wmv

ronrosa:
So-so diving ? Definitely not. Great wall dives, uncrowded reefs, sharks, rays, etc..

Here is a video I made of my trip this past fall.

Right click and "save target as" to download.

www.ronrosa.com/tcp2.wmv

Saw the video. Thanks. That was cool. Looked like it was teaming with fish? Nice walls too.

jedah:
Great video ronrosa!

What kind of videocamera do you use?

J.

A lot of people don't like my taste in music. Glad you enjoyed the video.

I use a Sony TRV900 camcorder and a Gates housing. Underwater video can be an expensive hobby, but I find it very rewarding. I make a little vacation video everytime I go away.

I just watched that video again. Truly takes me back! Music suits the subject just fine.

pilot fish:

I have been diving in the TCI for many years. I have found the diving lately to be either red hot or cold. When it is hot you will see some of the most awesome stuff. Two years ago in two days (four dives) I saw a whale, two dolphins, twelve sharks, thirty spotted eagle rays and eight turtles. It was the best two days of diving I have ever done as far as seeeing big stuff. When it is cool, as it was this year, you will still have the fabulous walls, great vis., schooling fish and an occasional shark, turtle or eagle ray. It is excellent diving no matter what. I am told its like the Caymans thirty years ago. Not a lot topside, no cruiseros, expensive to stay and eat unless you get a deal, etc.

I loved it! Great music too. I have GOT to get wet! Can't wait until July...

Back
Top Bottom