Turks & Caicos Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Tim:

Nice report. Thanks for posting it. Glad to hear everything went well for you. What kind of sharks were following you on dive 7 and how big were they? Were you able to get any pictures of them or the big stingray? Nitrox seems to leave me less tired too. But my wife says she doesn't feel any difference.

They were Caribbean reef sharks. Hard to judge length at depth but I would say they were four to six feet in length. No pictures. I have a camera but I stopped using it a couple years ago. I felt like I was spending all my time chasing the perfect shot rather than enjoying the sport.

The Eagle Ray was about the only thing I didn't get to see in T&C
when I went earlier this year. Glad you got to see a couple!!

Glad you enjoyed the thrill of Nitrox. I agree, post dive fatigue
is neglible with Nitrox.

Tim

Glad to hear you are safely back in the water. Great trip report. Just got back myself from 10 days in Coz and diving with our friends Aldora. Good to see your diving EANx now. You'll appreciate it on those multipule daily dives. Dove Nitrox almost the entire trip with Aldora now that they have dedicated boats........kinda. Working on a trip to Grand Turk........again...........for March if I can get away.

Scottkl:
Tim,

Thanks for the great report. I leave tonight for Grand Turk. Can not wait to get wet on my days off. Hopefuly the weather will not be to bad. I heard they have been getting alot of little shower Bursts.

Scott

Scott

Looking forward to your trip report when you get back. Hope to make that trip myself in March. Been trying for 2 years and has not worked out.

newbie-in-fl:
The Eagle Ray was about the only thing I didn't get to see in T&C
when I went earlier this year. Glad you got to see a couple!!

Glad you enjoyed the thrill of Nitrox. I agree, post dive fatigue
is neglible with Nitrox.

Its wierd, sometimes there are flocks of them and sometimes there are only a few.

5615mike:
Tim

Glad to hear you are safely back in the water. Great trip report. Just got back myself from 10 days in Coz and diving with our friends Aldora. Good to see your diving EANx now. You'll appreciate it on those multipule daily dives. Dove Nitrox almost the entire trip with Aldora now that they have dedicated boats........kinda. Working on a trip to Grand Turk........again...........for March if I can get away.

I hit the beach in Cozumel with Aldora on January 6, 2005. Looking forward to it would be an understatement.

just got back and I am already jealous!! Have a great time. Make sure you make a trip to Maracaibo. What a dive!!

Back
Top Bottom