Turks & Caicos or Cayman Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is easy, I love Providenciales and would not hesitate to recommend it. Type in Caicos adventures on here, and you will see they are the best dive op on the island. Provo's grace bay was rated the #1 beach in the world. The place is amazing!!!! If you have any questions shoot me a pm.

Provo's grace bay was rated the #1 beach in the world

T_C0051-1.jpg

Grace Bay Beach, Turks & Caicos

My wife and I just returned this past week from Provo, Turks & Caicos. We didn't do a whole lot other than eat, dive and take in one of the most pristine beaches we've seen. I would hightly reccommend Caicos Adventures also...

My spouse and I spent 4 days on Grand Cayman and because we were not shore diving decided not to rent a car. Big Mistake. We weren't at Seven Mile Beach, perhaps another mistake, but really don't know.

Unless a cruise ship is docked in George Town it is dead, and not very interesting at all. Once the sun goes down your choices are sitting around a bar or standing around a bar. We ended up night diving. Want an interesting variety of restaurants? You won't find them on Grand Cayman unless you are very mobile.

Diving was OK but we did not feel comfortable. Not as many species as Key Largo or Bonaire.

Don't know about the Turks and Caicos, though I would not recommend the Caymans.

I have dove at Provo on Turks & Caicos and I have dove all three cayman Islands. Of the four, the ones with the most to do topside would be in this order:
1. Grand Cayman (town, barefoot music/turtle farm/pirate parafernalia/blow holes/ect
2. Provo Turks & Caicos (sea kayaking/conch farm/restaurants/ect)
3. Cayman Brac (the bluff/caves/ect)
4. Little Cayman ( bird watch/
On Turks and Caicos, I have been out with Big Blue and Caicos Adventures and I prefer Caicos Adventures. The only diving better than T & C IMHO would be Little Cayman and I have used Little Cayman Beach Resort.
The best diving is :
1. Little Cayman
2. Turks & Caicos
3. Cayman Brac
4. Gand Cayman
The best beaches are :
1. Turks and Caicos (Grace Bay area)
2. Grand Cayman (Seven Mile Beach area)
3. Cayman Brac (public beach and west end by the airport)
4. Little Cayman (point of sand)

Grace Bay- provo
th_Image009.jpg

Cayman Brac
th_File0270.jpg

Grand Cayman
th_File0307.jpg

Thanks everyone for all the great information! This is definitely helped us make our decision. Right now I think we are leaning towards doing T & C this year and Little Cayman next year. Thanks again and I'll post a trip report when we get back.

Want an interesting variety of restaurants? You won't find them on Grand Cayman unless you are very mobile.

Diving was OK but we did not feel comfortable. Not as many species as Key Largo or Bonaire.
The above is simply incorrect - (1) there are 100s of restaurants of different varieties on Grand Cayman within an easy cab ride & (2) there are as many species here as in Key Largo & Bonaire (obviously) & as leastthe same number of fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom