Trip Report Turks & Caicos Explorer II 8/21 - 8/28/21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your last photo in the Facebook set brings to mind the reef structure as I remember it; a fairly flat, sandy shelf above, mostly pretty barren, then the steep (pretty vertical) wall you show divers beside, distantly below a small sandy shelf, then a further plunge into the deep.

Let me reiterate. The food was good. I just enjoyed the food on Blackbeards more. Gladys (on the Blackbeard cruise) was AMAZING!

Our cook (on TCEXII) was an older black man named Stan. They said he'd been doing it for 30 years.

Yep, that's the fellow. I'd still swear that he'd retired. Perhaps it was only something that he'd considered doing.

Is JF your Captain and do you have Bungee Jo as one of your dive masters? They were on the trip I took on her and they were great!

As an aside, Explorer Ventures uses a pic I took on my trip (an "Over-under shot at the back of the boat) as a part of their social media advertising.

Is JF your Captain and do you have Bungee Jo as one of your dive masters? They were on the trip I took on her and they were great!

As an aside, Explorer Ventures uses a pic I took on my trip (an "Over-under shot at the back of the boat) as a part of their social media advertising.

Yes, JF was the captain. Great guy! No Bungee Jo, though. We had Big Jay, Heather (her last week on the boat),Patricia (Heather’s replacement), and Tino as instructors/guides.

Is JF your Captain and do you have Bungee Jo as one of your dive masters?

Loved Jo and all her outfits. She was so enthusiastic and knowledgeable during her dive briefings. I dare say she had the best briefings of any I’ve ever had. And we have dived with JF several times. He’s one on my favorite captains.

Holy crap your pics are good. That blennie shot is my dream capture....:)

May I ask what equipment you use? You must have one heck of a macro lens!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom