Turks & Caicos Diving / Temps /Viz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmp

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello all ...Headed to T& C in September for the Aggressor... just looking for some basic info reference conditions:

Can anyone advise the Following:
Avg. Air Temp?
Avg. Water Temp?
Viz?

For that time of year.......

Land temp.....hot as hell! water temp....just as hot!!! Viz.....can be great if there are no storms about. September is the hottest month of the year and if there are no storms about (it is peak, peak hurricane season) there is normally very little wind and the seas are flat, flat. You are looking at 90 degree's plus and the water is not much cooler, mid eighties.

.....Love It ......thanks

Land temp.....hot as hell! water temp....just as hot!!! You are looking at 90 degree's plus and the water is not much cooler, mid eighties.

Depends on where you're from.......we go late August (stay on Provo) and have found it to our liking. Low-mid 90's. Cooler than home (TX - triple-digit heat, who'd have thought we had to head further south to find cooler temps :)

We wore shorties (3mm, so did the DMs) and felt comfortable the entire time.

Visibility around West Caicos 100-200'

We were there a few years ago in October with Explorer Ventures and the water temp ranged from 80-84. And the viz was usually around 100'. Have a great trip. It's an amazing place to dive.

I can't speak of the visibility on West Caicos in September, but right now with the coral bloom and the recent storms, the visibility is about 60 ft or so. I was hoping for these 100-150 ft visibilities that I heard so much about. :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom