Turks and Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubanatic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Looking for some feedback :confused: on the T&Cs. I would like to go there for layed back style of diving. Looking for suggestions on land basd or liveaboard accomodations.:yelclap:

If you want totally layed back head to Salt Cay. Feb/March is Humpback Whale season. We have been twice and used Salt Cay Divers. Deb and Ollie are great.

On Provo the best op IMHO is Caicos Adventures. On Grand Turk its Oasis Divers although all three ops are good.

Tim Ingersoll:
On Provo the best op IMHO is Caicos Adventures. On Grand Turk its Oasis Divers although all three ops are good.

Never been to Grand Turk, but Provo is awesome!!!! I highly recommend Caicos Adventures, they know all the good spots and are definitely diver friendly!! :D I stayed at the Royal West Indies hotel, look it up on tripadvisor.com it's awesome!! Good luck and if you have any questions PM me. :D

Hi scubanatic,

Of the TCIs with scuba infrastructure, Provo is the busiest, most touristy and expensive, followed by Grand Turk, Salt Cay and North Caicos, in that order.

A number of good ops on Provo, including Caicos Adventures (tell the owner, Fifi, that I sent you), Big Blue and Provo Turtle Divers.

On Grand Turk all 3 ops used to be about equivalent, but on a recent visit I found Sea Eye to have deteriorated badly, Oasis to be so busy with cruise ship divers that things sometimes got crowded and confused, and Blue Water to be the best.

On Salt Cay go with Salt Cay Divers.

On North Caicos you have only one choice, Beach Cruiser.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

I would say on Grand Turk go with Blue Water. Say hi to Mitch for me.

Mike

Hey DivePartner1,

On balance, I like Provo the best. Caicos Adventures always takes good care of me; West Caicos/French Cay diving offers the best chances in the TCI to see sharks, big turtles and spotted eagle rays; I like the variety of places to eat and drink; and, it has nice beach.

Next is Grand Turk, largely because the diving is so convenient and easy, but also because I like a number of the places to eat and drink. The Water's Edge is hard to be beat. Sadly, the cruise ship pier is having a major impact, IMHO not for the better.

For most isolated, laid back and outrageous beaches, I like North Caicos.

Salt Cay diving never did much for me nor do I find topside very interesting.

Regards,

DocVikingo

On Provo, Big Blue is the operator of choice.

The wife and I were on Grand Turk a week ago and paid Smitty of C.I. Diving to take us out to the wall in his skiff. Backroll of the gunwhale, shead your gear before climbing up the ladder to reboard. Surface interval was conducted ashore. Nice.

If you get out to Salt Key, be sure to go on the day trip to the HMS Endimiean wreck site. It is a colonial era wreck that is about 17nm west of Salt, with cannon, anchor and a modern shipwreck strewn about the bottom.

Hi o2deep4o2long,

I, too, like Big Blue, but whether it's "...the operator of choice" really is a matter of opinion.

BTW, on Salt Cay you mean the "HMS Endymion," do you not?

Regards,

DocVikingo

Back
Top Bottom