Turks and Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubakittymarie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
A group is planning on going to the Turks and Caicos to dive for a week in February. Any suggestions on where we should stay and where the best diving is?

Fifi with Caicos Adventures. Just let him take you to the spots. Diving there is breath taking - and he will show you everything!

Quick question about the dive sites off of either Provo or Grand Turk. What are the best dive sites to see the larger marine life, like sharks, etc.

I will be heading there in July or 2 weeks. Thanks in advance!

Consider a liveaboard (Aggressor or Explorer), especially if you can get a group rate. The best diving around Provo is off West Caicos and French Cay, a long haul for day boats from Provo, especially leaving from Turtle Cove or Grace Bay. If you're set on going land-based, look into going to Grand Turk where the diving is just as good and the sites are very close by.

On every dive I went on I saw Eagle Rays. On one dive, I saw 23 of them! Every other dive I saw sharks (I did 10 dives), and on 3 dives I saw turtles.

Gotta agree with the earlier poster... Caicos Adventures did a phenomenal job on our trip in April of 2005. Every day we would get back to Sibonne, our little boutique hotel next to the Sands on Grace Bay and swap stories with divers from other operators. We consistently hit better sites, saw better creatures, and had a better time. Fifi's entire staff was awesome and the West Caicos/French Cay dive sites were unbelievable.

One day we were out there, the sea was so calm that the surface was literally a sheet of glass. Trolling around during our interval, we could make out individual parrotfish on the reef below at 80+ feet.

I wouldn't dive with anyone else (unless you happen to own a boat and are looking for free ballast, then let's talk!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom