Turks and Caicos - Aggressor Dec 12-19...Advice, recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was on this boat the last week of September into the first week of October. I did all the dives, 23 total. We had some issues on the boat. We couldn't use the toilets due to a pipe that was corroded. They tried to fix it with a fiberglass patch that didn't work. Spent the night in a hotel due to odor issues the first night. Second day a crew came in and welded in a new pipe. Yes this is an old boat.
The hired dive boats to take us out, while repairs were made.

We also had a different Captain since the previous Captain and Chief engineer (Wife, Captain, Engineer husband) left the boat.

Finally got off the dock and had a good week of diving. Don't miss the night dives and also did a dive at 6:30 in the morning.

Yes Nitrox is a must, there is no way to control the temp in the rooms, ours was freezing. food was good, crew was outstanding and the diving was terrific. Do all the dives so you get your Iron Diver award.

Even though there were issues with the boat, I will do another liveaboard. I think it's the best way to dive.

While it is not a big deal, you will probably end up taking more clothes than are really necessary. There are some discussion threads on LOB packing (is rain likely or anticipated?) which you should be able to find. Having a modest save a dive kit - including spare batteries for computers - is also important.

I went on the TC the first week of January. I am not very cold natured and a avoid wearing a westuit as much as possible. I took a full 3mm, the Deep 6 one, as well as a Lavacore hooded vest and am glad I did. Water temps were 79-81 at the time. I did a couple dives without a wetsuit but really felt it getting out. Just to add to the lycra socks suggestion, wear them before you need them.

Bet you liked the heated towels and adult hot chocolate after the night dive?

Bet you liked the heated towels and adult hot chocolate after the night dive?

My trip report will be 90% heated towel and adult hot chocolate related! Hahaha!

Noticing a mention of an early morning dive reminded me of my Raja Ampat 12 night trip where half way through I realized how surreal it was to be used to being 70 feet underwater at 7 AM every day like it was nothing. One of the reasons I love LOBs.

I was on this boat the last week of September into the first week of October. I did all the dives, 23 total. We had some issues on the boat. We couldn't use the toilets due to a pipe that was corroded. They tried to fix it with a fiberglass patch that didn't work. Spent the night in a hotel due to odor issues the first night. Second day a crew came in and welded in a new pipe. Yes this is an old boat.
The hired dive boats to take us out, while repairs were made.

We also had a different Captain since the previous Captain and Chief engineer (Wife, Captain, Engineer husband) left the boat.

Finally got off the dock and had a good week of diving. Don't miss the night dives and also did a dive at 6:30 in the morning.

Yes Nitrox is a must, there is no way to control the temp in the rooms, ours was freezing. food was good, crew was outstanding and the diving was terrific. Do all the dives so you get your Iron Diver award.

Even though there were issues with the boat, I will do another liveaboard. I think it's the best way to dive.

Wow, did Capt. Amanda and Rob leave permanently? They had been with that boat for quite a while.

Back
Top Bottom