Tulum airport to Cozumel bag drag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gopbroek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Now that the Tulum airport is open and more and more carriers are flying into it has anyone tried this as an alternate to the Cancun bag drag?
Out of curiosity I checked with @cvchief van guy who does $50 USD vans from CUN to Playa and he runs vans from TQO also, but charges $200 USD. He apologized and told me the airport is run by the military and their 'bite' is very high but there is an ADO bus to Tulum.
Anyone else have any tips?

Can't recall where I saw it, but within the last week read somewhere that Tulum airport is not a good alternative to the Cancun bag drag. Transport costs (and twice the distance/time) to the PDC ferry were definitely part of it, but there were other issues that I can't recall all of -- just filed it away in my head to check again in a year or so.

Can’t remember where I saw it , but the transport costs may be exorbitant even from the airport to Tulum locally so costs may be high if you have to use a cab for any part of the journey. Did van guy say ADO bus goes straight to Tulum airport or just to the town ?

I've heard the same thing - that the taxi mafia has made transportation cost ridiculously expensive. I'm not I buy into the "military bite". If that were true then ADO fares should be expensive, too. Unless your destination is Tulum or south of it I see no reason to fly into Tulum.

Back
Top Bottom