Tulamben Muck Does Not Disappoint

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How many dives would you guys have in Tulamben?
The more the better?

I'll be in that part of the world for about 6 days for diving (I take photos/video), and I'm not sure if I should spread it out with Amed and Bondalem? (or somewhere else??)

Tulamben x2 days
Amed x2 days
Bondalem x2 days
?

Thanks for your input!

In Tulamben, it is possible to dive up to 5 dives / per day. I did it years ago, ie early morning 06:00, 8:30, 11:00, 14:00 and night dive. But now, I'm happy with 3 or 4 dives; typically early morning at wreck or slope, then 2x muck diving at Seraya or Melasti or Amed area, then night dive.
Puri Madha is the best location in Tulamben for early morning and night dive. The resort is not as nice as Liberty but very pocket friendly.
Literarily, their dive center is only few meters from entry point of wreck / slop - then on exit, another few meters walk to their shower and restaurant.
If you are interested muck diving and looking for small critters less than 5mm, ask Bagong to be your dive guide. He can spot lady bugs from meters away.

Wisnu, stunning pics above and below. Thanks!

Rob

How many dives would you guys have in Tulamben?
The more the better?

I'll be in that part of the world for about 6 days for diving (I take photos/video), and I'm not sure if I should spread it out with Amed and Bondalem? (or somewhere else??)

Tulamben x2 days
Amed x2 days
Bondalem x2 days
?

Thanks for your input!

Two things:

1. Why Bondalem?

2. As far as diving goes, Tulamben and Amed are kind of the same places. When diving Amed they will just take you toward Tulamben. There is a little more going on in Amed as far as places to eat and such, but if you are hardcore diving, staying in Tulamben makes more sense.

I beg to differ :)
Most interesting diving and coral reef health is definitely on the amed side, but not the everyday amed's shore dive.
The most interesting dives are definitely the one Starting from Bunutan and going away from Amed along the coast.
I would list these dive sites are must do in amed :
- Bunutan
- Deep Blue
- Japanese Shipwreck
- Golden Rocks
- Three fingers
- Kusambi
- The infamous Gili selang

And i've been exploring sites after GIli Selang which gets better and better.

Pros :
You hardly gonna meet another diver around there.

Cons :
You will need a boat and be able to manage strong currents from day to day.

Best Regards
Robin

Finally posted my keepers to Facebook. Some I really like, some not so much. Feel free check them out, offer up some criticism, ideas, make fun of me, etc...

Matthew Schafer

Anyway, Tulamben is good fun and a great value. It really allows one independent time to practice, experiment, make mistakes, and still shoot some really cool critters.

Finally posted my keepers to Facebook. Some I really like, some not so much. Feel free check them out, offer up some criticism, ideas, make fun of me, etc...

Matthew Schafer

Anyway, Tulamben is good fun and a great value. It really allows one independent time to practice, experiment, make mistakes, and still shoot some really cool critters.
Your photos are absolutely wonderful , amazing critters ....many thanks for posting.

Great Matt, thank you! You saw and captured a couple nudis that I haven't seen yet!! Now I'm excited

In Tulamben, it is possible to dive up to 5 dives / per day. I did it years ago, ie early morning 06:00, 8:30, 11:00, 14:00 and night dive. But now, I'm happy with 3 or 4 dives; typically early morning at wreck or slope, then 2x muck diving at Seraya or Melasti or Amed area, then night dive.
Puri Madha is the best location in Tulamben for early morning and night dive. The resort is not as nice as Liberty but very pocket friendly.
Literarily, their dive center is only few meters from entry point of wreck / slop - then on exit, another few meters walk to their shower and restaurant.
If you are interested muck diving and looking for small critters less than 5mm, ask Bagong to be your dive guide. He can spot lady bugs from meters away.

LDR Vs Puri Madha is not much of a difference as far as $$ is concerned I think. Puri Madha is indeed a bit closer to the entry point to the wreck.

LDR Vs Puri Madha is not much of a difference as far as $$ is concerned I think. Puri Madha is indeed a bit closer to the entry point to the wreck.

24% for accommodation and 40% for diving is significant for us.
The distance from dive center to entry point: LDR 150 m and PM less than 10m
Is not just a bit closer particularly for early morning and night diving
I like this part too

IMG_20190406_225156.JPG

Back
Top Bottom