Tuesday WI June 15th 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People seem to be doing quite well given the circumstances. It's not easy to avoid the calories/carbs sometimes. When I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Sri Lanka, it was rice every day, standard food. When in Colombo for the weekend, beer came in 750ml bottles, and it was c-h-e-a-p. Somehow, I've managed to keep up my determination so far. I'm down another 1 kg from last week, to 94kg. I wore a pair of slacks to work yesterday that didn't fit for so long. I also managed to fit my wedding ring back on its proper finger, although now must wait a while longer before I can remove it without soap or a band saw! Last night at the compound cappuccino hour, I resisted the temptation of a very large and sinfully delicious-looking piece of birthday cake. Why are the best things in life illegal, immoral or fattening?! My dive buddy-instructor is so thin, and has such a fast metabolism, he could have eaten half the cake without gaining an ounce. He's so thin that the joke is if terrorists attack, he just has to turn sideways and they won't see him! :) I felt good at work today. The same lieutenant who told me two months ago I looked fat said I looked more slender today. Little by little. Say, I wonder if anyone read my post before where I asked if people had read/heard about the book "Sugar Busters." If you're looking at losing weight and keeping it off, but without the strict and severe starvation type diets, it's definitely worth a look. Hope it helps. Tonight I ate boneless chicken breast, cauliflower, and a small sweet potato (nuked in the micro). Did my tummy just fine. Slowly I'm getting used to smaller portions too. I use a small bowl for cereal now, not the bigger soup bowl before. However, I hope people read my thread, as I still need mega-support. Easy to get depressed here as an expat, and easy to go to the fridge. Thanks, and keep up the good work. It's easier to say that than do that myself some days, but I keep trying.

I'm up 1lb today but I know why. I've been within points but my food choices have sucked! Mostly pasta, two days worth of hot dogs and chili at the lake didn't help. Plus I haven't been getting enough water.

In 8 months that's only my 4th gain, all 1lb or less, so I really can't complain. Tomorrow is another day....

Down .8# for me! I'm actually quite pleased with that, relatively, small # - it was a tough weekend fillled with graduation parties, margaritas, and cake, so I'm very happy and motivated again to stick closer to plan this week and make next week even bigger!

Down one pound this week. Slooooow and steady for two weeks now. I'll take it!

Back
Top Bottom