Tuesday 4/24 Weigh-In? Anyone?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish I could do weigh-ins on Sunday ... I'm so active during the week-ends it's typically when my "low tide" mark happens. This past Sunday morning I was under 225 for the first time in years. Went back up a bit during the week, when I'm spending most of my day in an office. I'll wait till tomorrow morning to do the weigh-in ... routines seem to help when it comes to making lifestyle changes ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

TheTrickster:
I had a cr*p day at work today, so had a real horrible meaty lunch and some french fries (did anyone tell you, eating stuff doesn't make you feel better!?) - no dinner for me tonight!

So, now I'm off running! catch you guys and gals later!
Man, ain't that the truth! Your body adapts. I used to love the burgers and fries (with gravy) on the BC ferries. Last week-end on the way home from Nanaimo I had one, and for the whole 3-hour drive home from the ferry terminal I felt like I'd swallowed some big heavy piece of rubber that was just sitting down there making me feel all bloated.

I just hope I never get to the point where my body rejects pizza ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
I just hope I never get to the point where my body rejects pizza ...
amen.

I usually eat the pizza crust and it is still pizza. But most of the food I eat is made directly at home or bought at the USF caferia where I'll eat a burrito with no meat except rice in it. Most people will either praise me for being a meatless guy, or they'll accuse me of stealing all the rice, or they'll call me a plain weirdo. What they don't know is I'm not packing any pounds in my body because it is just rice.

Not sure what it will look like in the morning, had a Burger King chicken sandwich and French Fries for lunch (hey I was in the airport and hungry). I am just hoping for even, but I doubt it.

sarita75:
I thought it was both Tuesday AND Thursday. My bad. :hideing_b

There used to be separate weigh-ins, some people preferred Thuesdays and some Thursdays. In March 2006, there was very little happening on the weigh-ins for either day, and I wanted to motivate myself. I picked Thursday as it gave me an extra day or so to recover from the weekend, and slowly Thursdays built up steam. If Tuesdays fits your schedule better, by all means post on Tuesdays! Anything that helps you get to your goals.

colby:
There used to be separate weigh-ins, some people preferred Thuesdays and some Thursdays. In March 2006, there was very little happening on the weigh-ins for either day, and I wanted to motivate myself. I picked Thursday as it gave me an extra day or so to recover from the weekend, and slowly Thursdays built up steam. If Tuesdays fits your schedule better, by all means post on Tuesdays! Anything that helps you get to your goals.

Thanks Colby. I am not fussed either way. It actually struck me as a bit odd that there were two weigh-ins so close together, but that was me. I think I was just excited to be down on that day :) ........ today is slightly different though. :demented:

sarita75:
Thanks Colby. I am not fussed either way. It actually struck me as a bit odd that there were two weigh-ins so close together, but that was me. I think I was just excited to be down on that day :) ........ today is slightly different though. :demented:

It's a personal choice, the thing to remember is that the weigh-in needs to be on time, preferably the same time every week so that the weight loss pattern can start to emerge. Over time the fluctuations will smooth out and you will have a better reflection of how things are going.

Just making the choice to get started is a huge step.

My weigh ins are Tuesdays... just wanted to report that since 3/31/06, I have now officially lost over 50 lbs.!!!! I am still plugging away at Weight Watchers, still mostly vegetarian, and still manage to get some exercise on a fairly regular basis, though now that the weather is getting better, there are far more opportunities. My biggest goal for losing weight was to be able to dive comfortably in colder water (i.e. Lake Michigan) without fear of embarrassment about not being able to find a big enough wetsuit to rent, or else trying to stuff 5'7"/260# into a very thick wetsuit that was built for a man who is 6'5"/180#... Yes, I could have had one custom made, but why not take the healthy option and make my body not only healthier, but more within findable wetsuit sizing.

So...I am within 5 lbs of being halfway to my goal. I refuse to give up. It's taking longer than I had hoped, but that is because I am changing habits slowly, but the important thing is that I AM changing my habits.

So for all of you who have a goal that seems overwhelming, just bite off a little at a time, don't do it alone...and most importantly, don't give up on yourself!!! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!

My weight is is everyday. I monitor my weight to just keep it under 160lb. It got so bad to the point where everybody in my family to fellow students thinks I have OCD disorder or oppessive disorder. Hey I'm just monitoring my weight and making sure I'm at the correct level. :) Don't want to go up a size in the wetsuit now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom