Tubbataha, Anilao & Donsol trip report, April 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

escapedia

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
First to say thank you to people who helped me last year with some info about diving in the Philippines.
I got to the Philippines last April for a diving trip. I spent 8 days in Tubbatha and Puerto Princesa, 3 days in Anilao and 2 days in Donsol. Well..it also took some time to get from one place to another.
You can read my report in it's English short version in my site:
Tubbataha Liveaboard, Anilao & donsol,The Philippines, April 2009 | Escapedia.com

Enjoy!:)

Very nice... thanks!!!! :)

Great report and pics !! I think you have just made up my mind to try Tubbataha next year.
If that is what you managed in a few days in Anilao, I can't wait for my 8 days there. Thanks for posting.

What camera setup were you using?

Great report and pics !! I think you have just made up my mind to try Tubbataha next year.
If that is what you managed in a few days in Anilao, I can't wait for my 8 days there. Thanks for posting.

What camera setup were you using?
It was the maiden dive of my D80 with one DS125, Tokina 10-17mm and Sigma macro 50mm. I didn't take the camera on every dive in Tubbataha due to ear problems and currents (so I've "lost" great shots of near sharks, rays and turtels). As for Anilao: it's a great place for relaxed macro dives, you'll get tones of great macro shots. 8 days? you'll enjoy it.

Wonderful report & beautiful photos! Love the rainbow/s at Anilao!

Thanks for that. I love the wide angle shots. Sorry to hear about Donsol. Try Sogod Bay next time for the whalesharks, it's a bit more low key with better viz. The trade off is that you might not be guaranteed whaleshark sightings but the pristine diving makes up for it.

Thanks for the nice report and great pictures. Having been to 2 of the 3 places mentioned myself, this report is a good update. I agree the Stella Maris is the boat of choice for diving Tubbataha. Anilao is worth at least 7 nights stay and is a macro heaven. If I were to go to a 3rd destination in one trip, it would be to cross over to Puerto Galera, Mindoro after I dive Anilao to avoid wasting time to allow for adequate surface interval between dives and airplane rides, drying your equipment, etc. My usual trip is to go to 2 resorts only as I hate packing and unpacking. Of course, if you have more than 2 weeks to burn , that's another story. Anybody has recommendations/impressions about resorts in Sogod Bay?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom