TSandM -- Lynne Flaherty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hard to believe a year has gone by. I miss her. I took her a bottle of wine and left it behind on one of my favorite wrecks last weekend. Her body is one with the sea now and it felt like some small way to share it with her.

R..
A very appropriate post and gesture. If she is looking down, I know she smiled. We all miss her. Her contribution to this sport we love was immeasurable. At our weekly group dive gathering this last week we toasted her memory. Miss you Lynne!

A very appropriate post and gesture. If she is looking down, I know she smiled. We all miss her. Her contribution to this sport we love was immeasurable. At our weekly group dive gathering this last week we toasted her memory. Miss you Lynne!

The very talented ER Doctor; and helpful adviser to so many, is at peace in the ocean waters she so loved. Nice that your group remembered this fine woman at your weekly dive gathering.

Its strange the times I think about conversations or advice she gave, but it always rings with truth.
Her words carried a genuine weight that always clearly communicated concern yet a firm rebuke.
Her legacy is within us all, those words of truth and encouragement she planted in us now need to be passed along.
Share the voice, share Lynne with those who need to hear the message.

Miss you but you are still changing lives!

CamG

Oh, I am so very late posting on Lynne's passing. She had been so kind and informative a couple of years ago when I first got into scuba and then needed to take a 2 year break before reentering the sport. I am shocked and confused. She gave this new guy so much help and welcomed advice. She was very busy, but always took the time to respond to my silly, repeated a thousand times, questions. RIP Lynne, I did not know you but you reached out to me and I will be forever grateful.

I was temporarily sidelined from diving, and hadn't actually read anything on SB for almost two years. So, I'm just now finding out about Lynne's passing. I'm extraordinarily saddened to see this thread just now... I always enjoyed Lynne's contributions, and her obvious enthusiasm for what she loved to do. I consider myself so fortunate to have had the opportunity to interact w/ her here...
I'm so sorry for your loss, Peter... please forgive the belated condolences... just didn't know...

She was always one of those people that was fun to run into at the local dive sites. You never know what will happen in life so live life well.

For someone I never met to face-to-face, I still think of her quite often. She made that much of an impact. I hate that we all lost her so soon and in such a strange way, while giving her kudos for a life extraordinarily well-lived. She remains an awesome role model in many different ways, even now.

Like many others, I had drifted away from the board for a few years, and I am absolutely stunned by this loss. Lynne and I were both eager newer divers at the same time, and it was always nice to learn more via discussions she was involved in. I can't think of any loss to impact the board like this since BigJetDriver. My wife started working for a company in Woodinville earlier in the summer of 2015 and I have since had a chance to visit the area. Not being able to meet Lynne is quite the opportunity lost. Peter, I hope you are able to find peace and not sadness when you are able to be in the water.

It would have been her 63rd birthday yesterday -- ironically (I suppose) I was asked to talk to my local dive club on a dive planning and safety so that's how I spent her birthday, promoting dive safety.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom