TSA wait times in HI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just went through it in Kona a few weeks ago and as long as you get to the airport with about 2 hours before take-off you are fine --- some people waited until 1 hour or so and then the lines we could see all the way out to the parking lot. The plane left half an hour late and I am sure it was because of all these people still standing in line for screening.

robint

I just got back from HI and I flew through Honolulu and Kauai. Both had very short times and I brought ALL my gear. The only problem I had was with my pony bottle. I had forgot to remove the valve on the way home and I got paged by the TSA. The TSA guy was great and only asked me to remove the valve. He looked inside and we had no problems, I made my flight OK and my gear made it home. I can't tell you how nice it was to dive with my own gear. I was even able to rent aluminum 100's on Kauai so I didn't have to adjust the lead on my BP from my usual steel 95's I dive on at home.

Back
Top Bottom