TSA, the Fun Never Ends..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fordan:
I tend to agree with Bruce Schneier when he said "Exactly two things have made airline travel safer since 9/11: reinforcement of cockpit doors, and passengers who now know that they may have to fight back."

Honestly, most of what the TSA does is about "Security Theater," making things look safer to make people feel good.

Security_theater" making things look safer to make people feel good

What go's on behind the scene's, they would never fly again.

howarde:
Honestly... If you're traveling, it's your responsibility to check the travel restrictions. I fly almost every 2 weeks, and I can say that yeah, it's been a few months since you can't travel with gel in a carry on bag.

I agree, the biggest problem I have with travel is the weight restrictions, checked and carry on. Security? Just takes longer to get to your plane.

TSA, just another form of welfare.

Diver Dennis:
I agree, the biggest problem I have with travel is the weight restrictions, checked and carry on. Security? Just takes longer to get to your plane.
But the weight restriction is the airline's way to make a profit on the flights and not a security measure.

FredT:
When the air traffic industry starts loosing serious $s again they'll start to scream too.

FT

Yeah, but the feds will just hand the airlines another multi-billion dollar check to keep the doors open. It's time that type of crap to stop. People refuse to fly because it's a lot of BS hassel. Let the market sort it's self out. If it cost $2000 to fly from OKC to Miami, then so be it. Don't make my tax dollars subsidize that extra money so Joe Blow can fly for $199.

I've got a better security answer. Arm all the passengers.

TD

howarde:
But the weight restriction is the airline's way to make a profit on the flights and not a security measure.

No, your tax dollars are how the airlines make a profit. Our tax dollars are paying for those TSA idiots too.

TD

fire_diver:
Yeah, but the feds will just hand the airlines another multi-billion dollar check to keep the doors open. It's time that type of crap to stop. People refuse to fly because it's a lot of BS hassel. Let the market sort it's self out. If it cost $2000 to fly from OKC to Miami, then so be it. Don't make my tax dollars subsidize that extra money so Joe Blow can fly for $199.

I've got a better security answer. Arm all the passengers.

TD
Well if you really think the market should sort it out, then tell the government to butt out of telling the airlines exactly what they have to do – then the feds won’t be obligated to pay the bloated costs they’ve imposed on the industry. Airline security would be much more efficient, and probably a lot safer, if the airlines and their insurance companies were to take responsibility and authority for airline safety. Let the feds set a few minimum standards and then the airlines can figure out how to best meet those standards and that of their underwriters in the best fashion for themselves. The government is partially subsidizing TSA because they’re also mostly responsible for allowing so many illegal immigrants and terrorists to be running lose in the country in the first place so they do have an obligation to fix on the backend what they broke on the front end. There is no way airlines or airline passengers should be singled out to foot the bill for incompetent law enforcement.

Since I fly myself and not the airlines most of the time I like being the armed pilot.

BTW: The majority of TSA expenses are paid by the passengers at $2.50 per flight.

Never had a problen checking baggage , but for some off reason i get flagges at the securety check everytime i fly , and im in the freaking military.

Only $2.50 each? Heck that's half the price of those fantastic meals they offer these days.

Back
Top Bottom