TSA got you down?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to fly to vegas two-three times a year because of the convenience, I refuse to give the airline industry my money for any trip under 500 miles now. Screw them and the TSA. The TSA is reactionary and provides nothing but false security, its been shown time and time again that people have been able to get things through security.

I have drove to vegas three times in the past year, its saved me money although I lost a bit of time in transit. I won't be using the airlines for convenience sake any time soon.

Grumpy,
I fly all over the world both as a civillian and a DOD employee I know how 3rd world countries screen and the bottom line is the U.S. hires TSA agents based on a minority quota system. Yes most of them are no smarter than a chicken and never passed H.S. = GED & no college... I am not ignorant nor a whiner. The difference between you & I is I have everyday first hand experience & understanding of the system. Better to be silent and be perceived some what intelligent than opening ones mouth and removing all doubt. Lead, Follow or get out of the way..

Some of you may be confusing the rudeness of the TSA agents with the general rudeness of people who live in large cities like Houston, Miami, Chicago, New York,etc.
Yes the agents at JFK are rude, but no worse then the rest of the New Yorkers who have to deal with the general public. Face it, when you leave Mayberry for the big city things are different.

Of course people are going to make money off the 9/11 aftermath. Why have one if you can't profit from it. Marvin Bush (one of the other brothers we don't hear about along with Neil who masterminded the colorodo savings and loan scandal) was a top security officer at Boston Logan Airport as well as the World Trade Center. Our military is the best in the world and they couldn't shoot down the plane heading to the pentagon? The hole in the pentagon was made by a missile not a plane. There are no impact marks from the wings or tail and the hole is too small. Pilots for 911 truth have repeatedly stated that a commercial plane cannot fly that spiral pattern. Look at the videos of building seven coming down. It is clearly a controlled demolition implosion. I am not a tin foil conspiracy nut, but the facts just don't add up. I recorded the news that morning and you can see the newscasters and first responders talking about the secondary explosions, but these are denied in the official report. The so called 9/11 commission was only allowed to evaluate information provided to them by homeland security. I don't know what happened that day, but I do know you can't change the laws of physics. The buildings fell to fast to conform to known laws of terminal velocity. There are many other inconsistencies, and in my opinion the only conspiracy theory is that of the government. (if interested,read Debunking the Debunkers)

We will never know the complete truth, as it is not in our national interest. We now live in a world where we are expected to blindly believe the propaganda and voluntarily give up our rights.

I have been pulled aside for the nuclear peep show, but politely asked to be felt up instead. No problem, even when I ground my hips into the agents hands. You should have seen his face. I get my bags searched every time because I carry my regs,console,computer,camera gear,etc. Last week I overheard the agent who was viewing the bag x-ray call for an inspection because I had a video camera. Perhaps they have intelligence regarding a plan that conceals weapons in cameras? They wipe my camera case,but have never opened my housing to see if I have concealed anything. They go through the motions and everyone knows it's a farce.

I miss the old days of simply Hijacking a plane and flying to Cuba.

All this being said, I feel safer at the airport than at a sports arena.

The sad part is that sheepeople are willing to have chips implanted, be genetically scanned, have a national ID card, give retinal scans and other biometrics to their employers, allow insurance companies to compile personal information for corporate profit, etc, all because we are told we will be safer. Many complain about the invasion of our privacy while posting their life story online, complete with photos. If the gov't said they were building files on each citizens behavior, we would be outraged, but people voluntarily give out this info everyday. The search at the airport is a minor violation of my rights or liberties compared to the bigger issues of the State Vs. the People.

Now be a good citizen, get back to work, pay your income tax, sales tax, real estate tax, personal property tax, auto registration tax, gas tax, phone tax, water and sewer tax, and if you live in Minneapolis the rain tax ( we pay based on the amount of hardcover on our property that can't absorb the rain, thanks to "no new taxes" Tim Pawlenty. Then pay your home insurance, auto insurance, health insurance, long term care insurance, flood insurance, work comp insurance, liability insurance, DAN insurance, etc. And don't forget to pay your mortgage interest, car loan interest, home equity line of credit interest, credit card interest, boat,jetski,snowmobile,atv loan interest, etc.

Time to step away from the keyboard

Go USA! To the all you can eat buffet! Fill the whole damn tray, eat away the day!

Drunk this early? Cool:D

Reactions: Doc
Lionfish-eater;

Does your tinfoil hat work underwater?

It probably shorts out, you know what saline fluids are like for conducting stuff...

I use titanium foil when in saltwater.

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

dmoore19 You are forgetting about the time difference.

:confined: Get out of the jar!

Now be a good citizen, get back to work, pay your income tax, sales tax, real estate tax, personal property tax, auto registration tax, gas tax, phone tax, water and sewer tax, and if you live in Minneapolis the rain tax ( we pay based on the amount of hardcover on our property that can't absorb the rain, thanks to "no new taxes" Tim Pawlenty. Then pay your home insurance, auto insurance, health insurance, long term care insurance, flood insurance, work comp insurance, liability insurance, DAN insurance, etc. And don't forget to pay your mortgage interest, car loan interest, home equity line of credit interest, credit card interest, boat,jetski,snowmobile,atv loan interest, etc.

How could you forget to mention flossing our teeth? I believe this is essential in being a good citizen.

and yes in Rzeszów, Poland there was a 6’ tall 20 something blond women in the Border Police in black boots, and well cut black uniform with all the normal police equipment including a 10mm Glock and handcuffs. Always wanted to get a photo, but there is no sense of hummer about cameras at any of the security checks I have been through anywhere.

Freud would have enjoyed this.

Just wondering what you folks thought about that little girl that got frisked and patted down at the New Orleans airport a couple of days ago? Those 6 year old terrorists are the worst, you know.:no: Woody

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom